Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was coming home after i got my haircut. I was, as you can guess, on the bike. I was approaching my subdivision and turned my blinker on to turn left! Sidenote: I got my undertail about a month ago and my dad doesnt think the blinkers are visible. I disagree thinking they are just as bright as the old ones! Well taking what my dad says into consideration i decide to make the hand gesture for turning left!

Now i have had the same Dodge truck behind me the entire time of my trip (new Ram with an aftermarket grill) following me from a 2-3 car length distance. Well as i start to slow down i am thinking about the dirt at the entrance from all the work being done to widen the roads. I slow down and get ready to make a squared off turn so that i can hit the dirt with a 90 degree angle because i dont want to risk going down mid-turn.

This should have been the last of my worries. If i had made a normal turn and not squared it off i might not be typing right now. The dumbass Dodge passed me on the left. Now there is another subdivision opposite of mine and people usually pass cars on the right that happen to be turning left into my subdivision. (this pisses me off and when im in my truck im tempted to act like im turning and then just go straight) The Dodge for whatever reason decided to pass me on the left while i was making a left hand turn. I hav never had my ass squeeze so tight in my life. I almost shit myself.

Now if i had not been thinking of how lucky i was i would have followed him to get his plate number and phoned his dumbass in but i didnt and now ill just look for him on the roads!

All in all im happy to be here ;D :p

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Okay. I'm glad you're alive and well. I've had the same lady the past two days pulling out in front of me...illegally and dangerously. Retards are out there. But you might look into your undertail/blinker situation.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
believe me i had the woman get every piece of cut hair out before the helmet went on and she understood because she is a rider herself i lucked out on that one

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I almost get whacked everytime I try to get into my driveway. It's at the beginning of a new speed zone so everyone speeds up, and it's also a passing zone. The second I start to slow down, regardless if my blinker is on or not, people fly by me on my left, and my driveway is on the left ::). Really, really, really irks me. I'll flash my brake light over and over, even turn aorund and look at them as I'm slowing down, but oh no! Its a FASTER speed zone and this guy is going slower, MUST PASS! ARrrrrrrggggggghhhhh. At least it wont be hard getting my bike home after getting rearended at 50mph+.

·
Registered
127 Posts
a$$holes! its amazing how stupid and irresponsible people are these days...

but im glad youre fine and didnt hurt a single, freshly cut, hair on your head

so here is the score; give us the exact make, model, and color of the truck as well as any distinguishing features (i know you allready gave some).  its gotten to the point where we must take matters into our own hands. make our own justice. whos with me!?  ;D

but some day, and that day may never come, we may call upon you do do a service for us... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
That must have been really scary, glad that you are OK!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I fought the urge of chaseing a Mustang down yesterday that turned left infront of me. I just knew he was going to do it. It is like I was in his head I saw him pull up to the light, stop, notice it was a bike, then pull right out. JUST DRIVES ME NUTS! I need to keep fighting those urges too it just vexes me so when people put me at risk on my bike. It never happends to me in my car, which is a black Miata so I cant see it being too intimidateing. I will never understand it. If I ever have a serious crash in a situation like this whatever life is left in me is going to will me over to their car to ask WWWHHYYYYYY!!!! Why did you pull out in front of me????? When I have someone on my ass if I have enough road I try to speed up real quick to build enough of a gap between me and the tailgater before I make my turn. Glad you survived. How close of a call was it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i actually will be looking out for this guy when i am on the road. I know what he looks like :mad:

·
Registered
722 Posts
dom said:
i actually will be looking out for this guy when i am on the road. I know what he looks like :mad:
And do what when you find him? If he's stupid enough to pull that move, he's also likely stupid enough to whip out his gun and shoot you. I suffer from the retribution syndrome also, but I'm really trying to let the Serenity thing work out instead:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts