Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So lets see the finished product.
Just a piece of practice material my brother was using before welding a header. I have no pictures of either, sorry.

Pics were taken at ISO 400, f/22, 1/160s and 1/180s for 2&3, circular polarizer and the pop-up flash on 1/16 power. I tried with and without the flash. The ones with the flash turned out better, I'm not sure why as of yet.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The dirtier the metal, the more "slag" you get, which results in more sparks. Morel of the story, good for pictures, bad for weld-strength.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Just a piece of practice material my brother was using before welding a header. I have no pictures of either, sorry.

Pics were taken at ISO 400, f/22, 1/160s and 1/180s for 2&3, circular polarizer and the pop-up flash on 1/16 power. I tried with and without the flash. The ones with the flash turned out better, I'm not sure why as of yet.
The brightness of the weld would make the camera tend to vastly underexpose everything around it. The flash fills that stuff in so it isn't quite so underexposed.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The brightness of the weld would make the camera tend to vastly underexpose everything around it. The flash fills that stuff in so it isn't quite so underexposed.
Hmmm, maybe. The smoke is more pronounced with the flash now that I look at it. I'm not sure the flash could do much more, however. That weld is 3X the intensity of the sun from what I remember.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
So are you showing off your new camera or new welder? Watch out for flash burn taking those pics.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Hmmm, maybe. The smoke is more pronounced with the flash now that I look at it. I'm not sure the flash could do much more, however. That weld is 3X the intensity of the sun from what I remember.
That's because the light of the flash is reflecting off of it.

Cool pics BTW.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Don't I know it!

Neither, just taking some pics. Flash burn on my skin (little bro got a nice tan ;))?
I guess you found a new use for your little bro other than "punching bag," eh? ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts