Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1781 - 1798 of 1798 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone! Name is Ed, live in the Austin Texas area... I ride an 18 sv650 (first bike too) got it about three months ago and I cant get enough of it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
08 SV650S in Green Bay, WI. Also have a DRZ400 set up for adventure touring. This SV will also be set up for mild ADV riding. Looking forward to many modifications and updates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,

Sapling of Sol here. After a lot of research, parts of which I gleaned from this site, I finally pulled the trigger on getting my endorsement and nabbing a 2003 blue SV650! Looking forward to riding and getting to know this wonderful SV community. Seeya out there!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey hey!

10yr+ rider, but new to me 08 SV650SA. Few issues from PO neglect, so looking forward to gleaning as much info as I can from the wealth of knowledge here.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Hey All,

New member here from San Clemente.
99 first gen. owner and building a canyon ripper and looking for parts and info

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Glad to be here!! This site has been very helpful in the past. Look forward to learning more in the future as I've happily subscribed..Good stuff! Thanks, Benny k4 s yellow :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello - New member with a 2016 SV650.

I'm a big fan of middleweight bikes.

I've done a bit of everything on bikes, but currently commute. I plan to do some moto gymkhana for giggles and suspect the sv will be very good at it.

I have plans to improve the brakes and the suspension - as they are both a bit pants at 10k miles.

Brian

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am another New Member.

I bought a 2004 SV650S one week ago with 4700 miles. My first bike capable of highway miles. My home was Seattle; I now reside in New Seattle. New Seattle sucks! I am trying to limit my motorcycle usage in city. It is not even safe in a car!

I like the fact that these bikes are forgiving to newbies and are known clock high numbers on the odometer. First thing I did was adjust the rear brake light switch so my brake light was not always on. I got excited I fixed the brake light issue and adjusted the clutch lever. Over did it and was not fully engaging/slipping above 7k. Another adjustment and it is much better and may need fine tuning?

I am no Master Mechanic and am willing to attempt many aspects of maintenance/repairs with a good understanding of the process. I have been searching the forums and you guys have great information once I locate it. My searches need perfecting. Speaking of what is a recommended chain lube brand? I understand the lube must be o-ring compatible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be lurking around here for a while as I am thinking of using a curvy SV650 as the basis for a cafe racer. Looks like there is some fantastic information on the site and I'll be sure to ask if I cannot find info when looking. I am based in the UK; down south near London.

Out of interest, what is the cheapest way in the UK to get some USD forks? Would that be a GSXR600/750?

Also, is there a decent stubby GP style silencer that can sit under or just by the lower frame so that it does not need to be suspended from the rear foot rest or seat subframe?

I'll post these as a query in the appropriate section so please answer there.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there everyone. I/we just picked up a 2009 SV650S for our daughter. She paid for it on her own (I just co-signed) and she is looking forward to lots of rides with me.

Already I have discovered SVRacing parts and plan on getting her sliders, spools and figuring out how to fix these crappy wooden brakes. I am figuring on SS lines and better EBC or Galfer pads but perhaps there are suggestions from others on this forum so I will begin that search soon.

Best regards to all!

Quikduk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello SV World,

Just got a new to me 2006 SV1000 for free! It has some front end damage and I am in the process of fixing her up. This bike has over 40k and is a single owner. Engine runs great and I personally know the guy who owned it. Trying to source parts, should be a fun project.

freshjojo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone! Been a lurker here for a few years now, but now decided that it is time to start a post on my ongoing project. I have a 2005 Suzuki SV 650 that I am slowly transforming into more suitable bike for track.

Cheers from Finland!

1781 - 1798 of 1798 Posts