Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 1810 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I just got my 2005 SV650 3 days ago and i already have it at the shop :( but fortunately i just have to replace the clutch and the oil filter :D. I just joined because i decided i want to learn more about maintaining and upgrading my bike.

I live in SO Cal so if anyone wants to meet up PM me

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello, I just got my 2005 SV650 3 days ago and i already have it at the shop :( but fortunately i just have to replace the clutch and the oil filter :D. I just joined because i decided i want to learn more about maintaining and upgrading my bike.

I live in SO Cal so if anyone wants to meet up PM me
Welcome and i also have a new to me k6 sv650. Right now the bike is a part for updated maintenance. Also here is a manual to use for working in the bike.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AFIZjh97dlzKNCU&cid=631A77F1BAF7CB76&id=631A77F1BAF7CB76!638467&parId=631A77F1BAF7CB76!577367&o=OneUp

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, just bought myself a healthy 2000 sv650. Hope to find out more details especially for an old machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's me.
A quick intro... I've been around bikes of all sorts all my life (don't ask how long!), and have fancied these SV's ever since one came with our group on a Tassie ride. I'm looking forward to getting intimate with it. I've been keeping my eyes open for an SV for some years when this one came up - right time, right place... an immaculate 03 S. My son had his Triumph Street Triple stolen recently, uninsured. So when this SV turned up -too cheap, the vacancy was quickly filled. Until I've thoroughly checked it over and shaked it down I'll be a bit suss of it because of the low price! - Maybe Karma will work in our favour.
So the kid has a bike again, and I'll be certainly getting a regular squirt!!!
Just a few things to sort. (Why do dopey POs junk the rear mudguards and 'streetfighter' the front, and throw away the original parts so that you can't get a Roadworthy!!!) T*S*ERS!
Last Vee Twin I rode was a Ducati Panigale, very VERY tasty indeed, I don't expect that sort of performance from the Suzi though, but I bet I'll love THE Suzi anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello from Skopje, Macedonia.
I am Petre, new SV gen3 rider, comming from dual-sport bikes. Time will tell how I will blend with this naked. Strange riding position and excellent engine. So far, 2500km. Looks promising, but still unsure ...
However, great place for learning the bike. Everyone who is traveling near, can contact me if some support is needed here in Macedonia.
Petre

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello from Denver, CO.
After retiring a couple of years ago, I decided to keep myself busy with a 1970 Triumph T120 Bonneville, figuring I’d only ride it now and then. However, I had not ridden in many a decade and had quite forgotten how much fun riding motorcycles can be!
Rather than putting miles on the old Triumph, I figured I needed something more modern (and reliable!). After some research, including much lurking on this forum, the Triumph now has a stable mate. Needless to say, aside from two cylinders and 650cc, little is similar and the 48 years of progress between them is very much in evidence!
Be safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here. Been lurking for a while. Glad to be here. Once I figure out how, will post pics of my bike. Super excited to show off my “custom” Gladius. Aloha!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi To all on here.Returned to biking after a hiatus of 32 years, Bought a sv650s and have been impressed so far. Last bike I had was a gt250.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Lakeland, Florida. Just purchased a sweet 2005 Suzuki SV650 as an upgrade from my Ninja 300 beginner bike and I love it. Needs a little bit of TLC and thats why I am here. Thanks and safe riding!

·
Registered
5 Posts
G'Day form the Blue Mountains NSW Australia, have finally had to give up my on Aprilia V Twin 1000's and other various sports bikes after 40+ years of riding as well as the odd bit of road racing in the late '80's.

Was hunting around for something that did a little bit of everything, with the heartache of owning Italian and ended up with a 2012 SVF 650 with under 6K on the clock.

Is a bit of fun to own and ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all,

I'm Lucky from Sweden - lucky because I just go myself a sv650 from 2002 the other day after being without a bike for the past 20 years (yes, you guessed right, I got married, had kids and I was too busy to even think about bikes).

The sv650 I bought dirt cheap is a 2002 but the engine must be newer since it's FI (not carb) + the instrument is digital. It is probably an S because it's got the steering head and handle bars of an S but there is no fairing and the digital instrument has been attached with a home made bracket (it looks pretty good). The lady I bought it from knew nothing of it's history except that it had been imported from the UK to Sweden. The engine has 12 000 kms on it but I have no idea how many kms the bike has overall or why they swapped engines.

What matters most is obviously that the bike runs like a dream - it does - and there is almost no wear on it. But I'd like to find out more about it to at least be able to get the correct workshop manual for the engine but also out of curiosity. If anyone has any tips on how I can identify the engine year, that would be very welcome.

I bought the bike so I can teach my son to drive instead of paying a fortune for driving lessons and I thought I'd sell it once he gets his license. That's not going to happen - this thing is pure joy.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey trendsetters,

Kurt here from Newcastle, Australia. Had a 06 Gladius 650 now for about 2 weeks, but only got on the road today. New bike, new licence, new gear, massive noob.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am Paul, I live in the OC, by the beach.. I ride a 2008 SV50S among other bikes. I have been involved in Several track day events and AFM racing with my son,who is a GSXR 1000 rider... This is a great site, and I am looking forward to tips and advice on the SV's ...Knowledge is power!

1761 - 1780 of 1810 Posts