Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out riding around some canyons the other day when my supension started to misbehave. My bike would get this weird sensation of going over a lot of little bumps while I was turning. But the road I was on was totally flat, it had been recently paved! I pulled over and checked tire pressure, it was a little low, but still okay. So I adjusted the supension a little bit on the front, and that changed it slightly, However, I continued on and while I was turing the front forks suddenly started to bounce erratically for a few seconds, kinda like stalling the bike only the engine was fine. After that I adjusted the rear suspension a little ( one notch) and it made it feel a little less bumpy but I can still feel it, so the problem is still there. My bike is up to 6100 miles and I had my 4000K mile service and I recently adjusted the drive chain only a 100 miles ago! What could it be?

·
Registered
571 Posts
i can't help you if it really is a suspension problem, but i'm wondering about the road itself.

are you completely sure it was flat? the reason i sak is because i have ridden on plenty of roads that look nice and smooth but once you get up to the turn there are tiny "ripples" in the pavement. it almost looks like an old washboard and it gives the feeling you described.

did this happen to you all the time? or was it only on a particular stretch of road?

it is a disconcerting feeling when in a turn to have the bike jumping around like that. but i've seen it fairly often when out riding in some areas of west virginia.

i hope it's not a true suspension problem though. sounds like an expensive problem to fix if it is. maybe something like sticking forks.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DucOwner said:
Sounds like the normal crap stock suspension
Yes, there is some truth in that! I am very certain of the roads, I was riding with my friend and he didn't report any problems, and the problem occured all the way through the canyons, rough and smooth road.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wasn't rolling off the throttle or anything, I would have known what that felt like. This was different, definetly something to do with supension or tires. My friend was on a Buell Firebolt 1.2 liter. His definitely has better suspension.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got my bike back today. It turns out it was the fork oil. They replaced with heavier oil than stock, so that was very good of them, and it will help a lot!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts