Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I parked my bike on Monday and everything was fine. I started to ride it today and for some reason I have this weird kind of medium pitched sound that goes up and down as I rev. Also, when I was riding, the bike was kind of bucking. Like it would get random spurts of acceleration when it used to be smooth. Help! I have no idea what it could be.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Perhaps a tight spot in the chain?
What's the mileage on the chain and when's the last time it was cleaned and lubed?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now it won't even start unless I give it a **** ton of gas. Also, it won't idle unless I keep it at about 3000 RPM's.

·
Registered
968 Posts
vacuum hose detached somewhere? a hose on mine had a little hole somewhere between the throttle bodies.

it would idle funny, was difficult to start, and would exhibit "bucking" when cruising. i did have an error code though telling me what it was. is your FI light on still when the bike is running? you could also just put it in dealer mode and check that way. the error code c13 (intake air position sensor) was being thrown when i had similar problems.

afterwards, check for the loose connections/hoses/etc between the airbox and throttlebodies.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Trying changing the plugs? I know mine did that this past weekend when I got stuck in some pretty heavy rain. Got home took the front sparkplug boot off and it had some moisture in it. Blew it out and it's been fine ever since.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I meant to reply to this as soon as I got it fixed. Just to catch you all up, I took my bike into my local shop. The throttle bodies were out of synch. I got them synced the next day and its been perfect ever since. The mechanic said the throttle bodies had popped all the way out of the boot and that's why I was experiencing "bucking".

·
Registered
594 Posts
I meant to reply to this as soon as I got it fixed. Just to catch you all up, I took my bike into my local shop. The throttle bodies were out of synch. I got them synced the next day and its been perfect ever since. The mechanic said the throttle bodies had popped all the way out of the boot and that's why I was experiencing "bucking".
Thanks for posting the fix, it could really help someone out in the future

1 - 9 of 9 Posts