Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was out riding my K4 SV650N.
It was about 85 F all day and when I came to a part of town with a lot of stop and go traffic all the sudden I heard a really loud electrical sound. It kind of sounded like when the fuel pump primes but way louder. I immediately pulled over and shut the bike off. I tried to restart it and it wouldn't start. After a few more tries the bike started up. I turned around and the issue happened again at slow speed. I noticed my temp gauge was reading in the 190s. I managed to get the bike home without any further issues, however I noticed that the radiator fan never kicked on and the temp gauge fluctuated between 184 and 193 during the entire ride. The temp would rise to 193 then slowly drop down to 184 and this continued the entire way home. The temp increased significantly faster when I was stopped. My radiator is bent, but last time I checked it it wasn't leaking and everything seemed to be ok. Any ideas what to look for?

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
The fan won't come on a 2gen until like, 221 degrees or something like that.

When you say you tried to restart the bike and it wouldn't, do you mean you hit the button and nothing happened, or do you mean it cranked and would not fire?

·
Registered
477 Posts
The temp cycling between 180ish and 190ish is entirely normal for a Gen 2, they ALL do that. It's because the thermostat cycles open to part-closed all the time.

I would be tempted to disconnect your battery +ve and -ve terminals and give the connectors on the leads and the battery a really good clean until they are all shiny and spotless. Then reconnect them dry and ONLY after they are tightened down (use a 10mm wrench, not a screwdriver), apply some vaseline or dielectric grease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts