Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drained my oil and found not only metal shavings but a chunk of something that is either metal or a porcelain looking material. It's about a 1/4 size of an almond slice, it is glazed brown on one side with a curve to it and the other side is a metal shaved looking area that has layers to it.

When i bought the bike i was told it had 19,xxx miles. I've put 5 race weekends on it. The last T-Hill event the bike ran super with no out of the ordinary noises, clunks, bangs, or anything else. This is a bone stock engine.

Any ideas of what it could be? Zoran, what's your thoughts?

N

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a chunk of friction plate from the clutch, but I may be misinterpreting your description.

Got pics?

:)

T

·
0 Posts
sounds like it is piece of epoxy from magnets.it is common to find epoxy breaking off on spots.
dont worry about it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
now do you have a CLEAR picture?

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
That there is an SV egg. If you sit on it for 9 months it'll hatch into an SV400. Then if you feed it and nurture it it'll soon become a 650 or even a thou. You lucky feller.

K

·
0 Posts
9 months with out riding i dono that sounds like a long time...
could he take it with him when he goes riding?

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Good Lord man, are you saying when you dumped the oil out of your drain pan there was a rear sprocket in there? :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts