Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any SV650S rider had the neutral light stop working? Or has the light come on with the key off and out of the bike?
I replaced the relay under the rider's seat and it worked properly for an hour or so...then reverted to odd behaviour. Should I now replace the sending unit down on the tranny? Any thoughts much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Has any SV650S rider had the neutral light stop working? Or has the light come on with the key off and out of the bike?
I replaced the relay under the rider's seat and it worked properly for an hour or so...then reverted to odd behaviour. Should I now replace the sending unit down on the tranny? Any thoughts much appreciated.
Do all of your other lights work? My first thought is maybe it's a grounding problem.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Two possibilities come to mind: the light just isn't getting voltage, or the light is getting so much voltage/current that it's burning out quick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I guess i'll dig out the voltmeter.

I feel i should have mentioned as well I only noticed this after it came back from getting carb/valve work done (which I realize most likely has nothing to do with it, it's just when I noticed but maybe something got bumped.) But my speedo also isn't working anymore. Tac works fine. Digital ODO is on but I haven't verified if it's adding km yet.

Could that point in a different direction?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts