Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if it even matters, but getting quotes online, and it asks something like how long have you operated street legal motorcycle....I have had my endorsement over a year, but technically never really operated a street legal motorcycle, other than up and down the street....
So how do they tell how long you have been operating one? Previous insurance? Trusting the customers word? Or how long you have had your endorsement?

·
Registered
406 Posts
In most places in Canada (as far as I know), they usually go by how long you've been insured.

Having a big break in insurance coverage in some provinces basically erases your "history."

Dunno how it works down in cinci though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I also wonder about this: what if you just flat-out lie about your experience. Say, instead of telling them the truth that I have 1 year of experience, I tell them I have 5 or 7 or something. What would happen? (besides just getting a lower rate)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would be wary of lying to insurance companies, assuming this isn't a totally hypothetical question of course :D If you wreck, it doesn't take much encouragement for them to look into your history to really find out how much experience you have. From that, they might refuse to pay for damages. I honestly don't know if that's how it would work, but it seems insurance companies don't hesitate to look for ways to avoid paying for damages... I'm also pretty paranoid about stuff like that, though.

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
They can check with the DMV, to see how long you have had a M endorsement.
My insurance comp.did. I said 46 years,and they came back with 22 years.
That was when it was added to my licence, after it expired one time.
I Worked in another state for a few years :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts