Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I recently purchased an 00' SV650S (BLUE) here in good ol' sunny Tasmania, Australia. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a weight limit on these bikes? The manual does not talk about changing anything for 2 up.

There is a lot of weight in two people, all gear, gear sack with stuff inside etc etc. Anything I need to do when the bike is loaded up?

thanks for any information in advance.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have had a total of 340 lbs on top of the bike btwn the wife and i, the bike still handled fine, keep in mind you arent gonna be at an extreme lean angles with this much weight but the bike is still stable, however one thing that i did notice is that one time i had to give my wifes friend a ride across town and due to the fact that she wasnt leaned over like my wife (thus putting the center of gravity further back) the front wheel wanted to float a bit, that was with the stock shock set one off max, hope this helps

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, that is about the weight that I am talking about too.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The max weight is posted somewhere on the bike. I've seen it on my naked SV. I think the posted weight on the bike is different from whats in the owner's manual. Go figure.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, heres what i got off the tag on the bike

total is 885lbs
310 front
575 rear

so if i have this correct, with the bike weighing in at about 400-420lbs wet, you have about 400 +/- lbs to play with.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
You could get some stiffer springs front and rear as well. Thicker oil may help, too. Let us know how it works out.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
ShaggyZ said:
You could get some stiffer springs front and rear as well. Thicker oil may help, too. Let us know how it works out.
He's not here to read that.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
475-485 lbs. payload

FWIW, my SV rarely has less than 350 lbs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts