Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like in years past, who is interested in heading out from the city for a few weeknight rides this season, maybe once a month or so (or more frequently)? From past experience we usually end up in Rockland/Orange/Westchester/NW Jersey...but a lot of that is dictated by who wants to meet up with us from outside of the city and where they are coming from. No need for anything too structured, just looking for reasons to get out of the city.

I just got my bike out of storage and I can't be the only one...

·
Registered
720 Posts
what a crazy idea!

we'll work something out, as always:). gonna be a few more weeks/a month until it's warm enough at night for this.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what a crazy idea!

we'll work something out, as always:). gonna be a few more weeks/a month until it's warm enough at night for this.
I know how to get ahold of you, this was more for the newer members. ;D

I don't think we'll have to wait more than a couple of weeks, hopefully your month prediction is off...but I am a b!tch when it comes to riding in the cold...I'm just getting antsy now that I took the SV out of hibernation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
cant imagine what it's like riding in manhattan, knowing how i use to drive like a mad man to keep up with the green wave. hopefully some day i'll ride back home on the bike and i'll hit u guys up

·
Registered
140 Posts

I'll be leaving from the Bronx (zoo).

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IG - We've never headed to any big group events before, usually 3-5 bikes leave the city and we'll meet up with a few more on the palisades/in NW Jersey/etc and ride to some halfway decent roads. Nothing like the US guys do but still a few solid hours of riding if we can find the right local to lead us around. :)

What's the scene like at the cruise night?

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cant imagine what it's like riding in manhattan, knowing how i use to drive like a mad man to keep up with the green wave. hopefully some day i'll ride back home on the bike and i'll hit u guys up
You get used to the traffic flow and sheety roads after a while but what keeps me going is being able to grab the bike after work and get out of the city. Riding through rush hour to go to work is just a good way to start your day...;D

Riding at night during the middle of the week can actually be pretty light on traffic for bombing around the city.

·
Registered
140 Posts
IG - We've never headed to any big group events before, usually 3-5 bikes leave the city and we'll meet up with a few more on the palisades/in NW Jersey/etc and ride to some halfway decent roads. Nothing like the US guys do but still a few solid hours of riding if we can find the right local to lead us around. :)

What's the scene like at the cruise night?
it's a really nice destination on wed nights, especially if you're a gear head.
nice to ride up there, have some fun on the way ;) stop by, walk around, find old friends, make new ones, grab a quick bite to eat, drink and go on your way.

here's a photo I took back in Sept, 2004.

Just be careful heading home if on the Palisades as the pkwy cops are out in force, hiding in the dark no less.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not something I'd normally seek out but I'd be up for checking it out some week when it's nicer out, looks cool.

I had jury duty today up in Rockland so I rode up and got back on the bike all afternoon after they dismissed me. :vroom: I only saw 1 cop on the Palisades on the way home tonight (entire length, he had someone pulled over by exit 2. I passed one northbound this morning at about 70 and he didn't blink, I guess I got lucky. I'm more scared of the deer though...:eek:

·
Registered
304 Posts
i'll def. be down for some wed night rides. if the group is small enough we can bbq at my house in greenwood lake (i moved in with my gf) but those that have been here know my place is small so more then like 4-5 people and it'll be cramped.

i've heard that the bear mtn cruise is cool if you're into that stuff (i love classic cars) and have been meaning to check it out. prob hit it up this season at least once.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Greek - We were right near your place this afternoon (I followed Fluke around), I should have called you...sorry.

I'd love to do another BBQ, nothing like a beer and some steak after a ride but slogging it home on the highway after relaxing like that is a chore. :)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
yea crap ted, I wish I had known you moved.

That was a lot of fun, we need to make this BBQ after riding thing a regular event...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts