Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that haven't already noticed, Rob disabled the Karma function.

As usual....a few abused it, a few got annoyed...and so it is no more.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
WTF?  The one use feature of the new forum software and it gets disabled?

People abuse the post count feature much more heavily and it clutters up the board in the process.  

The log in time is next... how many people already have *rediculous* login times?
I don't know, maybe login times and post counts can be used by the board to help sell its advertising space so they stay?

At least with karma you can identify who's a complete jackass and who's not...

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
donniej said:
Not true.

It seems some were smiting people just for fun - and there appears to have been a script written to auto-smite, running people way down.

Screw it. It didn't help communication around here anyway. If anything - it made it worse.

·
Hall Monitor
2,743 Posts
donniej said:
Nah, just read a few posts and you can spot the jackasses.   ;D

The problem with Karma was an "autosmite" program that someone put together.  End up on that individual's, uh, smite list, and you fall eternally into an ever-deepening pit of karmic despair.  Which is patently uncool.  

I'm not sure whether it wasn't possible to track down the offender, or whether Rob just got fed up with the complaints.  But as already stated, like so many other things in life, it only takes a few jerks to wreck it for everyone.  Just another reason why we try so hard to keep things civil around here.

Bill

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
Jimmie said:
let me get this straight A SINGLE PERSON disabled the Karma rating??? Shouldn't something like this at least be voted on by the members??? What's up with this s--t!!!!!!!!!

LOL........ easy there partner.........

Rob is the Admin........ meaning, this is his site, and we are all guests.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jimmie said:
let me get this straight A SINGLE PERSON disabled the Karma rating??? Shouldn't something like this at least be voted on by the members??? What's up with this s--t!!!!!!!!!
Yeah - a SINGLE person did this. "What's up" is simple...

It's the guy that started, updates, owns and pays for this site.

·
Registered
284 Posts
orangegilly said:
Good riddance. Is there any way to use the now extra space to list our locations again?
Please let us see locations again! It was very helpful and help me keep track of exactly what was going on where!

-josh

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
We lived without it before ... you could tell the asshats from the others by watching the threads.

When we did not have it, we did not miss it ...

::)   OMG ... I just lost a second of sleep over it!   ::)

I spend time on this site due to content quality of which it is very high compared so some I visited in the past.
Note the word visited ... here I stayed ... I bought an SV cause of this site ... most ppl are helpful and educated ... I learned more about motorcycling with my time here than any other activity except actually riding my bike!

There is a sense of community here and I enjoy that.

As for locations ... The JimDaddy had it right ... put it in your sig file.

I like knowing where ppl are.

I like knowing what ppl have for mods!

·
Registered
283 Posts
How could people get whacked about the karma thing?

It's not like race relations or politics or anything like that.

Oops. hehehehe.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
you can still post up your location
<-------
the karma was more for entertainment i guess, but since people did hack it, its useless even for that. someone always has to ruin my fun

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Good call Rob.
I for one am glad to see it gone. We tried it a long time ago at a web forum that I was an admin at and it didn't work. Its something that is abused at every site that has it. At least I ended with my Karma in the positive. ;)

Howeve,r I too would love to see location tags return... although I do realize we can add them in ourt sigs.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
by the way since we're on the topic of useless? what's the point of the log-in time? or the memeber status... or the stars. in fact even post numbers can be misleading if someone juts posts a lot of uselss crap? i'm not trying to be a smartass BTW i'm just conversing  :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts