Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have coolant leaking in to oil after a clutch replacement so I’m doing a water pump rebuild problem is I can’t get the impeller shaft out any help would be amazing

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have always removed circlips of the lower type (actually eclips) with a small flat screwdriver inserted in one of the recesses, and reinstalled them simply by pushing.

Circlips (the upper ones) I have always used the proper Seeger tool.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have always removed circlips of the lower type (actually eclips) with a small flat screwdriver inserted in one of the recesses, and reinstalled them simply by pushing.

View attachment 53740

Circlips (the upper ones) I have always used the proper Seeger tool.
Yea I brought it my mechanic friend it’s an e clip/c clip which is why the circlip pliers weren’t working lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
This will require a punch and soft hammer or an internal bearing impact remover.
The seal is the hardest part. That came out in two parts eventually.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
Since you have started multiple threads for the same issue, I'm wondering if you have read the relevant sections in the service manual. All the procedures are described there quite detailed. Get it here:
Section 6.14 explains everything in detail.

I'm wondering why you think you need to disassemble the impeller shaft bearings. Did coolant come out through the hose attached below the water pump? If not, the impeller seals are fine.
Run water over the shaft and spin it. Nothing should come out of the drain hose.

Replace the one large and two small o-rings and carefully follow the steps in the service manual.
Wasn't your problem due to the gasket not fitted correctly because you didn't use the dowel pins?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since you have started multiple threads for the same issue, I'm wondering if you have read the relevant sections in the service manual. All the procedures are described there quite detailed. Get it here:
Section 6.14 explains everything in detail.

I'm wondering why you think you need to disassemble the impeller shaft bearings. Did coolant come out through the hose attached below the water pump? If not, the impeller seals are fine.
Run water over the shaft and spin it. Nothing should come out of the drain hose.

Replace the one large and two small o-rings and carefully follow the steps in the service manual.
Wasn't your problem due to the gasket not fitted correctly because you didn't use the dowel pins?
Thank you this was very helpful

1 - 13 of 13 Posts