Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
I know the gaskets are different if that helps.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
your answer is just a phone call or email away.... Zoran at Twin Works Factory can answer it, Im sure.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
there are no gaskets on water pump
I assume he's talking about the O-ring in the water pump housing.
There are several of them...I just rebuilt my water pump for a second time. The rubber gasket between the two parts of the housing and the three which funcion as leakage barriers are fairly inexpensive.

Interesting to know that they are swapable. If this last rebuild doesn't solve the issue....then I might be shopping for one!

·
Registered
799 Posts
There are several of them...I just rebuilt my water pump for a second time. The rubber gasket between the two parts of the housing and the three which funcion as leakage barriers are fairly inexpensive.

Interesting to know that they are swapable. If this last rebuild doesn't solve the issue....then I might be shopping for one!
if you want to call O-ring gasket than yes, there are few.
however gasket and O-ring is two different things.
he may be referring to engine cover gasket. you have to take cover off to replace pump. gaskets are different but work anyway.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts

I tried and failed miserably. Don't have the patience nor the proper tools. Busted up the oil seal in a blink of an eye and said fsck it, I'm getting a replacement. I'd rather ride. And all said and done, the individual parts cost $35 or thereabouts.

·
Registered
799 Posts
If this last rebuild doesn't solve the issue....then I might be shopping for one!
if you have coolant weeping out of hole on bottom of pump it is mechanical seal. and it can be worn out teflon bearing behind impeller that rides against seal. in which case you can change seal million times and get same result.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
if you have coolant weeping out of hole on bottom of pump it is mechanical seal. and it can be worn out teflon bearing behind impeller that rides against seal. in which case you can change seal million times and get same result.
I thought that I was supposed to have coolant weeping out of that? ???

I actually have oil weeping out of mine. That's why I rebuilt it ...AGAIN.
The track won't let me out there with oil dripping out....even if it as little as it is....just not safe for me or other riders. Although I'm sure that I might be able to get through tech.

At this point...I doubt that casing will hold up for another rebuild. So, if all else fails...I'll just buy a new one. I don't know about replacing it with another old "unknown" one.

·
Registered
799 Posts
nothing is suppose to weep out of hole on pump.
as you seen hole is between oil and mechanical seal.
if coolant weeps mechanical seal is not sealing, if oil weeps oil seal is not sealing.
if it weeps between pump and case but not out of hole O-ring is not sealing.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
nothing is suppose to weep out of hole on pump.
as you seen hole is between oil and mechanical seal.
if coolant weeps mechanical seal is not sealing, if oil weeps oil seal is not sealing.
if it weeps between pump and case but not out of hole O-ring is not sealing.
That would make sense. Trust me...I looked over that Fing thing again and again trying to figure out how anything was getting through to it. The mechanical seal is pressed in right over it.

I guess I'll know by tomorrow evening. If we're golden....then the SV will be at the track....otherwise :'( I'll be a sad puppy.

·
Registered
799 Posts
mechanical seal is pressed in but second part of it is Teflon ring that just sits on top of it and is bearing surface between seal and plastic impeller. pressure to keep them sealed against each other is from spring. it is possible to have leak in between. impeller shaft itself is not sealed by mechanical seal where it goes through, only at very top of impeller side.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts