Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Been trying to fix this for days. I changed the front cylinder head. But now I have been unable to seal the water connection to the front head, through that hose. I replaced the 0 ring, even put 2 in there, but it still leaks. Anyone come across an issue here??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O.K. thanks for that, gonna try it right now.
Well that did not work. Been leaking since then, try to ride it but each time, I get leaks. I put a new O ring at the steel connector into the cyl head. Even put the other O rings in the kit around the steel pipe, no seal. Even put in leak sealer with little flakes of Aluminum, still leaks.

I NEED help please!!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope it is me doing something wrong, but what is simpler then putting a new O ring in the hole and then pushing the steel pipe in. I need some expert advice.

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
It is simple so not sure why you have issues. Either O-ring is not seating right and jumps over the ridge on pipe or hole is damaged.

·
Super Moderator
8,730 Posts
It sounds simple enough. Maybe the leak is elsewhere? Just like oil, sometimes it can be hard to find the true source of a leak.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is simple so not sure why you have issues. Either O-ring is not seating right and jumps over the ridge on pipe or hole is damaged.
Yes I know, guess I should try and get the specs for the O ring. But did not leak originally, so the hole should be good.

·
Super Moderator
8,730 Posts
... guess I should try and get the specs for the O ring.
No specs necessary, just use the OEM o-ring. If using an aftermarket o-ring, that may be the problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I know, guess I should try and get the specs for the O ring. But did not leak originally, so the hole should be good.
So I found the problem. The O rings supplied with a full gasket set, where the wrong size!! I took another gasket from a spare head and it is much thicker. What a total waste of my time. Grrrrrr.....
Thanks for all your thoughts

·
Super Moderator
8,730 Posts
Thanks for the update. Glad you got it fixed. (y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts