Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I adjusted my exhaust valves front and rear today and I noticed water falling out of the plastic PAIR inlets on the valve covers.

This bike does see all sorts of weather, but it has not been in rain / water since the last time I took the valves covers off (a couple days prior... got the wrong shims at first). Water poured out of the plastic inlets on this occasion as well.

Has anyone seen this on their SV? Does anyone have a possible idea of why this is happening? I have not taken a look at the rest of the PAIR system towards the airbox yet. I did, however, clean the reed valve that sits inside of the plastic PAIR inlet on the valve covers. They were both filthy. The valve train itself looked great, and I did not notice any water inside of the head. The water only poured out of the plastic tube that the hose clamps to.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Does your bike stay outside over night? Could just be condensation build up over time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is garaged overnight. It seems like a bit too much water to be strictly condensation. However, it is possible that it would be condensation. I can't think of much else it could be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts