Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who saw it? What did you think?

I did not enjoy dr manhattans well endowed blue peepee hanging out and flapping in the breeze. :eek: If they were going to show a blue superhero peepee they should have at least made it tiny.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I enjoyed Watchmen the movie. Most people I talked to either liked it or hated it. I like the story line, action scenes, and it's original take on super hero movies (bad super heros). It was pretty long, but full of important info for the story.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I thought it was ok. It definitely wasnt as good as it was hyped to be.
For me, having never read the comic or the graphic novel, I wasnt given enough reason to like some of the characters at the same weight of their role in the film.
Rorshach was cool, but the rest lacked a "passion" for their work. This is just my opinion though- I encourage everyone to rent it and decide for themselves.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
i thought it was a movie about a Canadian band....I never knew they were superhero's.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I wont see this movie unless I can get it by dubious means. I have no interest in giving money to people who market a movie like this to kids....

buy hey thats just me.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
who saw it? What did you think?

I did not enjoy dr manhattans well endowed blue peepee hanging out and flapping in the breeze. :eek: If they were going to show a blue superhero peepee they should have at least made it tiny.
:rolleyes: What a bad sport. I enjoyed it;D

Amazing that you remember that from the movie when there was plenty of female sexy appeal which should have left you feeling satisfied!

I was actually surprised how much T & A there was. Not really what I expected. Then again, I guess the extra gore was just to ensure that everything was equally over the top.

All in all, I'd rate it a 6 out of 10.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I heard it was very violent, and I prefer my superheroes only slightly tormented (a la Iron Man). So i'll probably never see this one.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
How was it marketed to kids?
It's rated R, its clearly not a kids movie.
+1.

When I was watching this movie there was a rape scene. One guy was beating up this girl and getting ready to...um, well you know, and it was a serious scene... This little girl (maybe 6y/o) watching this movie with her mom and boy friend I'm guessing, (when the entire theatre is silent) this little girl says "mommy. What is he doing?"

It was one of those moments where your P*ssed at the mom for letting her daughter watch this movie and feel sorry for the little girl who was forced to watch this movie because mommy couldn't get a babysitter.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
+1.

When I was watching this movie there was a rape scene. One guy was beating up this girl and getting ready to...um, well you know, and it was a serious scene... This little girl (maybe 6y/o) watching this movie with her mom and boy friend I'm guessing, (when the entire theatre is silent) this little girl says "mommy. What is he doing?"

It was one of those moments where your P*ssed at the mom for letting her daughter watch this movie and feel sorry for the little girl who was forced to watch this movie because mommy couldn't get a babysitter.:rolleyes:
That stuff really upsets me. There were a few kids in the theater when we went...and one of them left pretty early on. Between the cursing, the extreme gore, the rape, the sex, etc.....definitely not for kids.:mad:

R rated movies are R for a reason. This definitely wasn't one of those movies where you could just cover their eyes for a moment and it was over with.:rolleyes:

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Everyone in the theater I was in laughed when the blue ***** showed. Kinda weird.

I've never read the book but I liked the movie. I wouldn't watch it again (which says a lot for me) but I did enjoy it once. Kinda like Requiem for a Dream. You watch it once, appreciate your own life, and move on.

EDIT: People actually brought their kids to see it?! Wow. Just wow.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
^ Requiem for a Dream is one of my favorite movies. Everyone should see that movie at least onece.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
i thought all supeheros had big weens.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
+1.

Its almost as bad as a flyers game. Almost. ;D

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ads on American Idol.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...&origkw=watchmen&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

action figures at toys R us.

There was a thing about the movie where they had to gross a certain amount and they screwed themselves by contracts with other producers or something, so they had to mass market this movie simply to break even.

They are so far not.
err, three of the six you listed are collectors items that are selling for $75 bucks. Not exactly what you would buy for junior to play with. It's not like they are handing these out at mcdonalds with happy meals.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
err, three of the six you listed are collectors items that are selling for $75 bucks. Not exactly what you would buy for junior to play with. It's not like they are handing these out at mcdonalds with happy meals.

The other three are $16.99.

You would be better served my friend to tell me that on the site it says "recommended for 18 up", that's a better argument. ;)

To which though I would respond, that it still does not sit well with me that these things are being sold at a toy store for kids.

I have no problem with the movie, not something I would want to see, I do think the advertisments could have been handled better, and toys at toys R us? come on....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts