Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
well wasehd my bike yesterday. now it wont start. the lights go on, it wants to turn over but it wont. halp meeeeeee

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and it doesnt charge right either. its been on the charger for a few hours but its still not fully charged.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I have no idear... Did you check your airbox for water? Did you spray any water down the exhaust?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Did you check to see if you were either in neutral or in gear when you are trying to start it? As for my own personal experience I remember when I had it in first gear trying to kick it over, it would do nothing because of the kickstand being down. Dunno just a thought.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m not a mechanic, and I’m only guessing,… but when I was in high school I took my camaro puddle jumping and somehow managed to get water under the distributor cap. I had to take the cap off and dry it out. Until it was dry it just wouldn’t go. I would check the ignition coil and see if it’s wet. And maybe pull the wires off of the plugs and see if they are wet. If they are it might be grounding where they clip on.

As far as the charging issue, not too sure.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
you need to be more specific.

does it turn over?

do nothing?

is it in gear with the kickstand down? clutch not pulled in?

its the kickstand/clutch/tipover sensor loose/disconnected?

·
Registered
140 Posts
My battery is pretty new and it always dims when I start the bike. Isnt that normal??

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the bike started fine the other day. i have de activated both kill switches so its neither of those. the bike doesnt turn over. the water must have made a short somewhere. im gonna go check the front spark plug for water. what else can i check? there is no water in the air filter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had a similar problem on my bandit and traced it to water trapped in a relay on left side behind the triangular plastic cover. When I took cover off found relay terminals very wet. This happened on both my bandits. Don't know if the same thing could happen with an sv. It has the same type cover that you need to remove to get seat off. Is there a relay behind it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts