• Bacon.

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
I remamber reading somewhere that this was a common problem on these bikes. did you find more people with the same problem?
+1 for warranty repair
that's why we buy brand new
does duc still comes with 2 year warranty?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
It may not even take a warranty repair as such. I'd imagine it would be worth just checking in there. They might simply say "Yup, it's a common problem and there's a simple fix".

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I remamber reading somewhere that this was a common problem on these bikes. did you find more people with the same problem?
+1 for warranty repair
that's why we buy brand new
does duc still comes with 2 year warranty?
1 year warranty.

It may not even take a warranty repair as such. I'd imagine it would be worth just checking in there. They might simply say "Yup, it's a common problem and there's a simple fix".
On dot em ess, everyone says that it's a pretty common problem. A few people have taken theirs back to the dealer, where they say the dealer just tightens up the bolt, just to have it become loose again. The solution seems to be getting different mirrors.

That being said, I may be puting up some genuine Ducati bar-end mirrors for sale soon. Real nice. Chrome and shiney. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I guess the question is whether the rubber isn't gripping the clipons, the bolt is coming loose or whether there's just not enough friction to hold the mirror up.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I know they are pricey, but my CRG's never budge. Best Bar-end mirrors I have had yet. However, they may not be the aesthetic you are looking for. My (Emgo) napoleons used to do just what you are talking about, moved all over the place. If it's any conciliation, the Bike looks sooooooo good. Love it.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I know they are pricey, but my CRG's never budge. Best Bar-end mirrors I have had yet. However, they may not be the aesthetic you are looking for. My (Emgo) napoleons used to do just what you are talking about, moved all over the place. If it's any conciliation, the Bike looks sooooooo good. Love it.
I sold my CRG's and got the Napoleons! I liked the CRG's but they were a little too low on the S, especially during high-traffic commuting, and just a little too convex, especially at night.

Now that I have gotten the Napoleons to stop moving around, I like them better. To each his own.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Dude,

Your bike is probably just trying to check itself out all the time because it's hot and it knows it's hot. Two options, tape the mirror so it can't see itself and it will ultimately give up moving the mirror down, or (and this is what I'd do...)take some kind of rubber cement or something to add both tackiness and girth to the inner workings so that it can't move anymore.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
You are now riding a Ducati.
You are a snootybike haver.

Your mirror automatically pivots down, so that you can look down upon the masses that are not privlidged enough, to be riding such a fine machine. This is standard equipment on a Ducati. The right mirror says put, so that you can view other Ducati havers, the left mirror pivots down so that you can see the scum of the earth, riding around on girl's bikes.

This is in the owners manual, chapter 3.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I'm betting the rubber is gripping the inside of the clip-on just fine. I'm also betting that the screw isn't unscrewing either.

Not enough friction between the end of the bar and the mirror mount is my bet. Maybe throw an o-ring in there?

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts

Your mirror automatically pivots down, so that you can look down upon the masses that are not privlidged enough, to be riding such a fine machine. This is standard equipment on a Ducati. The right mirror says put, so that you can view other Ducati havers, the left mirror pivots down so that you can see the scum of the earth, riding around on girl's bikes.

:roflmao: Bravo Bruce, bravo.

Much better than what I was going to post.

I took this at the DC Bikeshow, where, surprise surprise, a mirror fell off a Ducati. ;D

·
Registered
854 Posts

Best suggestion yet :thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts