Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my SV almost exclusively. With that I carry a backpack everywhere I go. I just picked up the tourmaster synergy electric vest to reduce the amount of layers I require for the sometimes brisk morning rides. I notice that everytime I turn on the vest, my back gets red marks from the carbon fiber heating elements. I sit at work all day with my back feeling raw. I have discovered this is due because I have a backpack pressing against my back with a laptop, change of clothes, shoes, etc..

So be warned, do not use the tourmaster synergy electric vest while utilizing a backpack, unless you want to brand coil imprints into your back! haha.

Now onto my questions. Do the tankbags turn into backpacks? Are they easy to put on and take off? I have a ZUNE that I carry with me in my jacket, it cannot be near magnets, what is the likelyhood of the media player being murdered by the tankbag? I have a net over the passenger seat of my bike that i use to carry small things.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I use my SV almost exclusively. With that I carry a backpack everywhere I go. I just picked up the tourmaster synergy electric vest to reduce the amount of layers I require for the sometimes brisk morning rides. I notice that everytime I turn on the vest, my back gets red marks from the carbon fiber heating elements. I sit at work all day with my back feeling raw. I have discovered this is due because I have a backpack pressing against my back with a laptop, change of clothes, shoes, etc..

So be warned, do not use the tourmaster synergy electric vest while utilizing a backpack, unless you want to brand coil imprints into your back! haha.

Now onto my questions. Do the tankbags turn into backpacks? Are they easy to put on and take off? I have a ZUNE that I carry with me in my jacket, it cannot be near magnets, what is the likelyhood of the media player being murdered by the tankbag? I have a net over the passenger seat of my bike that i use to carry small things.
I can't imagine that you'd have any problem putting an mp3 player in a tank bag. It's true that they can't be near magnets, but they are also pretty well shielded. So long as you aren't rubbing your zune against a magnet you should be okay. Tank bags can also come with straps instead of magnets, I just got a Rapid Transit Abrams tank bag that doesn't have any magnets in it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
icon urban tank bag magnetic, won't damage your mp3 player, and it is designed to turn into a backpack, even with a special padded cloth that will wrap around and hold your helmet on the bottom of it.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I use a tail bag for transporting things, including a laptop, when I require more space than a tankbag allows. No worries about magnets there.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
this thing looks amazing. I am definitely getting this. map window? awesome.

+1 - this is what I have. I threw my ipod in it on my last trip and it didn't cause any problems. I have been hesitant to put my work laptop in it though.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
This quickly turned into a Rapid Transit Infomercial.

It's probably made in Germany, you know the Germans make good stuff.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The RT Abrams bag will hold my laptop in it on the bottom of the bag, it's a white MacBook.

·
Registered
142 Posts
+1 - this is what I have. I threw my ipod in it on my last trip and it didn't cause any problems. I have been hesitant to put my work laptop in it though.
I was about to say I'd be more nervous putting a laptop next to the magnets than a music player.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Why? The hard drives in a laptop are similar to the ones in a Zune (albeit slightly larger, 2.5" vs 1.8" I believe). I wouldn't worry about it too much.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just purchased the Rapid Transit Recon 19 Tank bag and a hydration bladder from newenough.

I appreciate all your input. I am not sure if my laptop will fit in it, but I can live without the laptop.

Thanks for all your suggestions and information!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm looking at Camelbaks and was wondering if anyone knew what size Camelbak reservoir the Rapid Transit Recon 19 Magnetic Tankbag would hold?

·
Registered
254 Posts
The topic has drifted a bit, but I just thought I'd pipe in and say that I commute with a synergy vest and backpack without problems. I think the OP's issue might be that he needs another (thin) layer or two under the vest. I found that a long-sleeved T-shirt with another T shirt over that is perfect.

·
Registered
544 Posts
This quickly turned into a Rapid Transit Infomercial.

It's probably made in Germany, you know the Germans make good stuff.
I once fought off a hooker who was trying to bite my tongue off with my recon 19 tank bag.

Sorry, that was way out of line.......................;D

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
I have the Synergy vest and it's quite snug (size M and I have a 43" chest). I've noticed, from time to time, that if I keep the setting on too high I'll get the red lines on my chest and back. I don't let it bother me because they go away after an hour or so, and I'll pay that price for being able to comfortably ride in 12* weather.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts