Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...great site! love my new 08 sv650sf...question about warning stickers...my buds say to remove them but my dealer says the bike will ultimately (years from now) be cooler with them left on....whatya think?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I took the one off the tank because it was hideous, got blisters on my fingers so i havn't gone back to do the ones on the fairing. but i eventually will, because i know to wear my helmet and not place anything between the fairing and forks... ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
remove them all, except from the one on the chain guard...has the correct tire pressure on it....could come in handy someday.. no clue what the dealer was smoking that day..15 warning stickers all over the bike just take away some of the great looks the SV has...

i removed all mine with a heat gun and plastic scraper! and then lighter fluid to remove the left over glue.....but be ready for a bit#h of a job, hurts the fingers and eats up a load of time......

good luck with it,
ride safe
peace

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I removed just the warning stickers only. Guess I'm not one of the cool kids :rock:

BTW ... I heated them with a hair dryer for about 15-30 seconds and they peeled right off. No mess, no fuss, no adhesive left.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
My bike still has those stickies. They are however falling off by themselves.
I could care less for them. If I want them on later I'll have to buy them. Yes they are sold separately, and they are not cheap.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
I took the one off the tank because it was hideous, got blisters on my fingers so i havn't gone back to do the ones on the fairing. but i eventually will, because i know to wear my helmet and not place anything between the fairing and forks... ;)

I've tucked a submarine sandwich in that space a couple times with no ill effect :nana:

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i used a 3M wheel on mine. all but the frame sticky w/vin on it..

·
Chief Greeter
28,551 Posts
Hi markyboy650sf, Welcome to SVR.

It's really up to you if you want to keep the stickers on or remove them.

Have fun and ride safe!

:fiddy:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I fought and finally got the on below the throttle off, but the one on the tank is now all brittle and chips when I try to start peeling it off....any suggestions?

·
Registered
90 Posts
remove them all, except from the one on the chain guard...has the correct tire pressure on it....could come in handy someday.. no clue what the dealer was smoking that day..15 warning stickers all over the bike just take away some of the great looks the SV has...

i removed all mine with a heat gun and plastic scraper! and then lighter fluid to remove the left over glue.....but be ready for a bit#h of a job, hurts the fingers and eats up a load of time......

good luck with it,
ride safe
peace
As for the sticker on the chain guard, you can peel it off in one piece and stick it in the "trunk" under passenger seat or just write down the info on another sticker (which won't smudge) and stick it where it won't be seen. Putting piece of clear tape over it will make it more permanent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts