Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike came with a Steve Gowing seat, made right here in Ft. Collins, Colorado, about 3 miles from me. It was a little too tall, so I took it to Steve with my specs, but it's still not to my liking (I'm short, 5'5"). It just missed the mark, and maybe I didn't tell him exactly what I wanted, so not his fault, but mine. I'm looking for a stock '03 SVS seat (or is there a difference in model years? 2004+?) so I can modify it the way I had my '02 seat years ago, which I made perfectly for my height and position. I've modified every stock seat on most bikes I've owned, and have the tools to do it. Why didn't I modify Steve's seat myself, you ask? He's a wizard, and his seats have layers upon layers of different foam types and glue/covers custom to the rider and their style. In my case, the 6' tall previous owner. His is just not working out. I checked out mad8vcycles, and he's got an 04+, but not sure it'll fit. If it will, it's mine! If any of y'all have an '03, PM me. Thank you!

--CJ
(P.S. If I can find a stock seat and get it to my liking, the Steve Gowing will be for sale at a very reduced price!)

·
Super Moderator
9,069 Posts
Not even his seat. The scammer just googled for an image of "SV650 seat" and found Yonpols's seat (post#23).

It is important to note, CopperFrog, the SV650 '03 seat is unique to that year. No other year will fit.

·
Registered
374 Posts
OP, message in your PM box.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, not sure what bike that is! Mad8vskillz, thanks for the heads-up! TeeRiver, Mad sent me a video he made, confirming the 03 was unique. Jeff, PM sent. Thanks, guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts