Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I went through both the condensed and non-condensed versions of the rear shock guide. But none of the guides are for anything recent (ie beyond 2005).

I noticed that the 06-09 GSXR 600 rear shock is 9.4 kg/mm or 526#/in.

Does this mean I should avoid the later year GSXR shocks? I have a 2004 GSXR 600 shock available, which is 425 #/in. He wants $50 for it, good deal?

Is there a more current shock that would work for my weight? I do ride track days and canyons a lot. Thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know they changed it in model year 2006. So it's 04/05 then 06/09. Do you know if it's 04/05 or 06+?

·
Registered
639 Posts
As far as I know they changed it in model year 2006. So it's 04/05 then 06/09. Do you know if it's 04/05 or 06+?
I took a look and its a 04, my bad for the miss information. If you can get one, then do it!! I don't have any info on the 06+ shocks.

What are you looking to do? The SV is already set up for a 150lb rider.
Stock shock is a pogo stick. With the GSXR shock you receive compression and rebound which = happy paranium.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I do ride track days and canyons a lot. Thanks
Do yourself a favor, save up your money, and buy am aftermarket shock for your bike. You can buy a brand new Penske Sport shock from Traxxion Dynamics, sprung and valved specifically for your weight and bike for $625, and it'll hold its value well in case you ever sell it.

I ride a 1gen, and as much of a jump as you get going from stock to GSXR, you'll get at least that much, if not more, performance going from a GSXR to Penske.

·
Banned
296 Posts
Ok, so I went through both the condensed and non-condensed versions of the rear shock guide. But none of the guides are for anything recent (ie beyond 2005).

I noticed that the 06-09 GSXR 600 rear shock is 9.4 kg/mm or 526#/in.

Does this mean I should avoid the later year GSXR shocks? I have a 2004 GSXR 600 shock available, which is 425 #/in. He wants $50 for it, good deal?

Is there a more current shock that would work for my weight? I do ride track days and canyons a lot. Thanks

Hmmm.. 125 lbs. Let me guide you (don't take this wrong, I'm only 150) - go down to your closest McDonalds, order a #1, #2, & #3 combo meal. Eat all of them. Go to FoodLion, pick up some animal Lard - eat that too. Repeat.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Do yourself a favor, save up your money, and buy am aftermarket shock for your bike. You can buy a brand new Penske Sport shock from Traxxion Dynamics, sprung and valved specifically for your weight and bike for $625, and it'll hold its value well in case you ever sell it.

I ride a 1gen, and as much of a jump as you get going from stock to GSXR, you'll get at least that much, if not more, performance going from a GSXR to Penske.
Trust me, it's worth it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts