Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 650n-blue and i have a friend that gave me a f3 rear wheel (everything) for free! the only problem is it has terrible paint (scuffed,scratched,fadded) im mean bad. so i want to keep the stock wheels silver so if i do sell the bike one day i can convert to stock again.
are the stock silver wheels painted or powdercoated?
should i paint or powdercoat the f3 wheel?
where do i find the matching color powdercoat?

i know if i paint it colorrite.com has the matching color  and i can have it professional sprayed. but is powdercoat possible to match? help out here please. also please do not say "paint them black" if you read my post i already explained why im not doing it. thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
I believe they are painted, take them both and have them powdercoated, it looks much better and is easier to clean then the stock paint. You could try and have it matched up with powdercoat, but the coating process really changes the look of the wheel, you know how it comes stock and is rough and has some really noticable edges, well the powder fills those in and then it melts it all together to create a smooth glass like surface.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I have my rims painted for the time being. I used dupli-color engine block paint, cause its resistent to grease and oils. Haven't had a problem with it yet. It won't last forever but it'll last awhile.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only problem was i want the front to stay the same so when i sell the bike i can put the stock sv rear rim back on and it will match the front.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
gotalf said:
soo should i paint it?
dont do it yourself.. it'll look like ass and not last very long.

id say either have a pc guy try to match the stock color, or take both wheels and have them pc'd a new color.. whatever color

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
wonderjosh said:
dont do it yourself.. it'll look like ass and not last very long.
Dood, I did it myself and it looks super de duper. Holding up fine so far too. But I am beyond the average person in terms of extreme intelligence.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
evilbologna said:
Dood, I did it myself and it looks super de duper. Holding up fine so far too. But I am beyond the average person in terms of extreme intelligence.
pfft you just got lucky punk :p :D

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i would have it professionaly sprayed at a collision shop. should the colorrite.com paint match good

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
gotalf said:
i would have it professionaly sprayed at a collision shop. should the colorrite.com paint match good
Ya know, since you arent committing (you plan to sell the bike down the road), a super job on the paint of the F3 rim may not be necessary. For paint match just test it, put a lil bit on a non-visible section of the rim (like the inside if there is no tire on it, just dont get any on the beads). Thats really the only way to see how well they match.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ill take the stock wheel in there and see if my guy can match it. also i not planning on selling the bike soon. i just know how it is with modding machines of any kind and trying to sell them. i learned the hard way to many times.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
i wouldnt even both with colorrite.. their paint is so expensive... i bet the bodyshop can match it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts