Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for some feedback on how well these sprockets last? I know it depends on riding style and chain care and adjustment. I would assume normal (moderate) riding conditions and proper chain care and adjustment. I just don't want to put on an aluminium sprocket and have to replace it in a short time. Any input would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I won't use aluminum. They wear out much, much faster than steel. I'd say they last less than 1/2 as long... even with proper care.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, basically it is what I could find in the tooth configuration I want. Maybe I'll look around harder for a steel one.

·
Registered
514 Posts
treoff said:
Why do you want aluminum sprocket?
Because you just can't find 520 stuff in steel.

I just put on an AFAM rear 520, Ill see how long it lasts and get back to you. I'd be happy with 10k.

·
Registered
597 Posts
cyclerider105 said:
Well, basically it is what I could find in the tooth configuration I want.  Maybe I'll look around harder for a steel one.
Do you have a 520 or 525?

If you have a 525, what combo are you looking for?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 525 chain and I'm looking for a 46T rear. Can't seem to find steel in this config!

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
it's ok to use aluminum in rear, but I'm told Vortex uses chocolate instead of real aluminum

·
Registered
5 Posts
I threw on a Vortex aluminum 46T this spring, I'd be surprised if I make 7000km and I oil every 1000km and I am very anal about tension.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
{PMS}fishy said:
Because you just can't find 520 stuff in steel.

I just put on an AFAM rear 520, Ill see how long it lasts and get back to you. I'd be happy with 10k.
+1 for not finding 520 in steel.

And I just burnt through a AFAM 520 rear in about 6k, so uhhh...don't get your hopes up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts