Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still a bit to go on these but I'm curious if any of the rest of you would be interested in adapter back plates for the 2ng gen vortex adjusable rearsets to fit our first gen bikes, I'm goign thru the process now of getting new mounting plates machined so the pegs start at the stock sv650s location and allow the standard 7/8 inch up and back adjustability from there. I'll be finishing up the model parts and having my lil brother cad/cam them in the next week or so, after that it's off to the machine shop - if any of you are interested drop me a PM, I'll see if we get a break on the labor for more than one set - parts will be machined out of T6 - I'll definitely post up some pics after I'm done too - cheers

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do - the model parts were finished up last night (have to love mdf for hand modelling hard parts...) Little bro is expecting a fairly quick turn around, so should be some time next week - I can tell you they most definitely will require the long shift rod from the 2nd gen kit.

I bowl in a league with the gent with the machine shop, I'll see if there would be any cost benefit to running more than a single set at a time

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heads up guys, the part has been drafted and dimensioned and sent to the machinist, I might have a test pair by the middle of next week (I'll get some pictures as well) - I got teased about how easy this is goign to be hehe, should have a cost per unit by then as well, they aren't real busy (go figure) so an additional 2 sets of plates would be a fairly quick turn around if you wanted them - on bike pics next week I think

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First Gen kit from Vortex were fixed pegs - meaning you had no choice where the were located. The second gen Vortex kit was adjustable from roughly stock SVS position up and back in steps about 7/8 of an inch - you could set the pegs were they worked best for you. The frame were the riser plates mount on a Gen1 vs Gen2 weren't the same although the bolt locations were identical - so you can mount a set of Gen2 Vortex adjustable rearsets on a Gen1 frame, but it puts your feet lower than the stock SVS location due the the differntly placed mounting points - what I'll have hopefully this Wed (Machine Shop is working on the first set now) is a set of replacement plates to mount the Vortex adjustables to that locate them correctly for the Gen1 Frame

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's the right side adapter plate (in the raw) on the frame - my engine is out atm due to a head gasket replacement (going back in on Sat - YAY) - Pics are a little off angle - not much room in the garage atm with 4 bikes in a 1 car stall....

Due to a small mental error on the part of my machinist buddy (he made 2 of the right side hehe) I'll have an extra set of plates by this weekend - holler if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the left side plate today - the beast lives!!! (also got the motor back in the chasis last weekend - JOY)....pictures to come tonight - they work great so far :cool:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's the left side pics - everything works great, tried her out last night - briefly hehe, still working on getting hte upper remounted on the GP Tech stay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts