Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an alternative to buying one of those fog city inserts? I got stuck in the rain today and the bastard fogged up pretty bad :eek:. Shouldn't technology have this fog thing beaten by now?

That little rubber thing that plugs up the vents in the front.....is that a "breath guard"? What is it supposed to do? I took mine out. Does this have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
the breath guard is supposed to deflect your breath down and out to avoid the fogging. i find that my visor fogs in the rain, so i crack it just a little bit to clear it out.

the breath guard never worked on my snowmobile helmet

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
kevinb120 said:
Dont they make anti-fog spray cleaners for skiing and paintball goggles??
Pain in the ass those be. Fix the source of the problem, buy a Scorpion helmet, no fog visor ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
+1 on the scorpion helmet! I love the no fog visors! Makes morning driving a better experience!

·
Registered
23 Posts
slappermouth said:
Is there an alternative to buying one of those fog city inserts?  I got stuck in the rain today and the bastard fogged up pretty bad  :eek:.  Shouldn't technology have this fog thing beaten by now?

That little rubber thing that plugs up the vents in the front.....is that a "breath guard"?  What is it supposed to do?  I took mine out.  Does this have anything to do with it?
if you dont want to spend money spit in it.... people do it for scuba masks

·
Registered
551 Posts
evilbologna said:
Pain in the ass those be. Fix the source of the problem, buy a Scorpion helmet, no fog visor ;)
i wouldnt imagine they would be that much of a pain. Anti-fog sprays always work for me...as long as i apply it right! :-\

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OKcommuter said:
Rub some Cat Crap on the inside of the visor. :p
Yeah....the medicine man in the hood told me that rubbing some tiger shit under my nose, putting a plate in my lip, and calling out the evil spirts from within the visor would remedy this problem.

Time to hit up the litter box for goodies.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
slappermouth said:
Is there an alternative to buying one of those fog city inserts?
just breathe less when your stopped and voila... less fog.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I bought this gimmick at the motorcycle show in town called "Zooke"
It's a two part deal...first a spray cleaner and then a wax-like solid.
On the cool days when I normally would fog up...I don't.
It just sucks to keep having to reapply after you clean it...so I stopped.
Now I just crack the visor a little and try to breathe as little as possible when stopped.
I do know though...that on my shoei, the breath guard actually works better than my arai, kbc or hjc. (yeah...love helmets)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts