Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is any one running a viper if so what do you think. And does somebody know if you have to re-mapp with the viper exhaust?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've got one on my bike and love it (it's an 05) Sounds great and is tremendously lighter than the stock unit. As for remapping, I asked the same ? here and the consensus seems to be that it's not necessary.
My only suggestion might be to get the shorter one (15" or so) Mine seems a bit on the long side for me. Oh yea, it pops a bit when decelerating undoubtedly due to the "PAIR" system. It's my understanding that disabling it helps. I however kinda like the noise. "Loud pipes save lives" ;)
Hope this helps.
D

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had a Viper Race can slip on come with my bike... it pops because it's running slightly lean. Nothing to really fear, sounds great and all. Lots of debate regarding rejetting and after adding a few comments myself I think I've come to the conclusion that as long as you don't add any intake mods I think you'll be fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Viper Race Can - Micro Oval

Hi,
I chose the Viper micro oval, the smallest one. This is my first slip-on. I was surprised that I can see all the way through the can, there are no baffles in there.
Are all after-market slip ons like that?
Wow, that will be pretty loud no doubt. Now I wonder if I should have gotten the next size higher, but won't know till I install. I did all the Catpoop mods went with the 145's main and 17.5's pilots, two shims, drilled slide holes with #54 bit, de-snorkled the air filter, and 2.5 turns on the A\F screws, as I am riding at 1164 ft above sea level.
By the way, the shims in the Radio Shack pack for $1.99 are .019 thick, not .020 like the Catpoop mod suggests. I got out the digital calipers for that one, but probably not enough to make much of a difference hopefully.

Anyways, the trick to getting the Viper connecting pipe that comes with this to fit into the Micro Viper Can flange on the can seems to be using a tailpipe expander. The pipe and can flange seem to be the same diameter or really close! I didn't want to damage the can, but brute forces are not getting it in place.

Called Fly -N - Cycle about the connecting pipe not fitting in the can. He said to get a tailpipe expander and open the hole up more, as little as possible. I think I only need a 1/32" more gap expansion to get it to fit . I went to AutoZone and you can rent the right sized one for $20 and take it back when your finished. Will do the job when the weather gets about 50 degrees so that the Copper RTV sealant sticks like the label says to do. The can seems to be made out of aluminum or some kind of funny alloy. Might scratch pretty easily. I did polish to near-mirror finish with a little McGuires aluminum rim polish in the red\white can. Mine package from them came with 2 straps and 2 clamps as well, the straps look identical, I will only use one I suppose.
Thanks,
Georgio P

·
Registered
291 Posts
lcplpunk are you known in real life as Aaron? I'm Jeff the dude with the blue sv you saw at Cycle Gear.

Anyone got pics of these mufflers on?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.