Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I figured I'd show you my project. I am from Indianapolis and I was a lighting engineer for about 2 years. It is an Xsighting Lighting Xe7 HID. It uses the Valeo Bi Function projector and a clear lens. I had to fab my own bracket for it but it is so sweet at night. Low beam and high beam. This pic is a little old though, I did a fender eliminator shortly after...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sweet! - any plans on a how-to? ;-)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the light off right now for powdercoat, but I will post cut-off soon. The front piece is a cast steel piece that was polished then painted. It is 100% sealed and has a front lens that is coated polycarbonate. The ballast sits on top of the plastic casing and just barely fits. The SV naked is one of the only bikes I have ever seen this fit into without MEGA modification. All I needed to do was fab a bracket... I did so and this is what I came up with. It is a 100% DOT legal beam pattern and it overtakes any halogen equipped car when I am driving by them on the interstate at night. Incredible optics. My camera sucks, so I will have one of my friends use his nice camera to take some night shots. The downside? It costs $500 bucks. The upside? Incredible night vision. I knew about em because I use to work where they make all of them.

·
Registered
299 Posts
looks crazy man but why does it cost so much cant you just due some kind of retro fit and get the same effect?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
It costs so much because the construction is super high quality and they do full legal DOT testing (corrosion, vibration, optics, heat/freeze contrast, chemical,...etc.) on them. These have no quirks like retrofit and you don't even have to hack up ANYTHING on the bike. I could change out the headlamp back to stock in less than 5 minutes. SO... if you sold the bike and didn't get any extra $$ for the lamp... you could put it on your next SV :p

The people that make these market them mainly to the high-end hotrod crew and jeep people. I just decided that I wanted to put one on my SV because I was not completely satisfied with the stock lamp... also because I do a lot of night riding. Once the lamp is on... it only takes 35w of energy to run it... so you save 20w for whatever its worth. PLUS... the light source lasts over 3000 hours!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, once you roll with an OEM quality HID beam pattern, you really cant go back.

This setup is VERY excellent. I've been working on cramming a TSX projector into the SV front end and you're right, more fabbing and finagling is required than I really want to spend time with. Id rather be out riding the bike than dicking with brackets and waterproofing.

Im stoked to see some beam pattern shots.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.