Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey svriders, check out my video that I had to make for my entrepreneurship class. The more views I get the better the grade, so please feel free to share it on facebook or other social media or forums. Thank you!

·
Administrator
11,023 Posts
You registered on the site just to post that? How many other forums did you spam?
Meh, that's actually an SV so I wouldn't be so harsh on him.

·
Registered
94 Posts
1.) Would have been real nice to put a disclaimer somewhere that you were going to show someone with their foot severed in half
2.) "...I had to make for my entrepreneurship class. The more views I get the better the grade..." - I would consider dropping out and changing to a better school.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I didnt join to spam my video. Im a member of another forum and saw this. I also ride a SV, so it kinda makes sense for me to join I would think sense this is a SV forum. About the foot. If you read in the description it kinda says something about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The way my professor says it relates to entrepreneurship is I am suppose to treat this video as my product or service.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
The way my professor says it relates to entrepreneurship is I am suppose to treat this video as my product or service.
The issue with that is I didn't have to pay for this service. It was free. other than the 1:30 I won't be getting back. If it wasn't free I wouldn't have watched it.

I'd argue that grading scale, and remove my view if I could. I was under the impression that the video actually involved a near death experience. Someone merged and you avoided them. Nothing to traumatic or exciting in the least.

If I was a customer, I'd be in the unsatisfied category.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
No I didnt join to spam my video. Im a member of another forum and saw this. I also ride a SV, so it kinda makes sense for me to join I would think sense this is a SV forum. About the foot. If you read in the description it kinda says something about it.
You may own an SV, but your only "contribution" to the site was to post this video, and then comment on the thread. You've never answered or even asked a question outside of this thread. In hindsight I am very glad that I never had a teacher (I refuse to call someone who would give a pupil credit for something this bad a professor) give an assignment this pointless.

Regarding your comment about the foot, no one would see the comment in the video description until after they clicked the link, and therefore, after you got your hit.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
You guys are really harsh sometimes. So he has a crappy teacher, it isn't his fault. He was given an assignment and did it, then (as instructed) put it online to get hits. It is vaguely SV related, so it fits the requirements to post. So what if it is his first post, at least it wasn't about oil, tires, or how to get out of a ticket. The decision is yours whether you watch it or not, no one is holding a gun to your head.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
513 Posts
false advertisement to the max!

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
You had very poor lane choice, you were hiding in the blind spot, you were passing on the right, and you didn't have a cushion of space when you were stopped either. Maybe you should provide some context for those statistics, especially with how the age range corresponds with lack of training, experience, and a view that you're invincible and everyone else is always at fault...

·
Registered
299 Posts
You may own an SV, but your only "contribution" to the site was to post this video, and then comment on the thread. You've never answered or even asked a question outside of this thread. In hindsight I am very glad that I never had a teacher (I refuse to call someone who would give a pupil credit for something this bad a professor) give an assignment this pointless.
Nobody said that the professor actually gave him a good grade on this. ;)
Seems to me there was an assignment handed out, OP was like "oh crap, this is due on Monday, what can I do? I know, I'll use some helmet cam footage to pass it off as my project. Hmm...there isn't much here...I know, I'll throw in a pic of a broken ankle too. Yeah, that'll do it." I've certainly half-assed some homework in my time, but man I'm glad I didn't post it on the internet. ;D

·
Registered
94 Posts
If this is the case that this was a last minute project, OP will really fail miserably at this class. Better idea? Pay the girl at 1:23 in your video $5 to jump up and down for 20 seconds and video her chest. Loop video for 5 minutes. Put it on youtube. Point out to the teacher that your video got 500,000% more hits than anyone else in the class and that your ROI from the ads served was like 98%.

Not trying to be rude... just pointing out the absurdity of sexism, youtube, and your teachers grading system.

·
Hall Monitor
2,762 Posts
...Better idea? Pay the girl at 1:23 in your video $5 to jump up and down for 20 seconds and video her chest. Loop video for 5 minutes. Put it on youtube. Point out to the teacher that your video got 500,000% more hits than anyone else in the class and that your ROI from the ads served was like 98%.

Not trying to be rude... just pointing out the absurdity of sexism, youtube, and your teachers grading system.
This.

As far as the video goes, you could cut out the first 20-25 seconds of sitting at the light and doing nothing. The fillet-o-ankle shot was gratuitous and possibly vomit-inducing for the unexpecting viewer. Heck, I worked in an ER for 15 years and I don't like looking at stuff like that if I don't have to. Show a mashed motorcycle and an ambulance instead.

Oh, and send a link to this thread to your instructor... ;D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts