Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Jennings yesterday (woo-hoo!) and used my new GoPro HD. That thing is sweet! I can view the videos on my Windows 7 based computer, but there's no native editing software like there was with my old XP Pro set-up.

Are there any decent cheap editors available?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Working the same issue... where are the pictures by the way???? ;D
The photo people were already gone by the time I thought about it. I wish they would do like Killboy and make the photos available online.

Have fun tomorrow!

BTW, novice day was great. Only 16 people showed up. We divided into 2 groups. Several cycles of 30 min of classroom time and 30 min track time up until about 2:00 and then the track was open for anyone to come and go until 5:00. At most, there were 8 bikes on the track at a time. It was like having the whole thing to myself! I'll do novice day again. It's worth the extra $$$ to me to have so much track time and so few riders on the track. Classroom time is a bonus!

·
Registered
193 Posts
well, there's windows live movie maker for win 7, you can go download that. I personally either use imovie on my mac, or powerdirector on pc. If you have a newer nvidia or ATI card, the rendering is hardware accelerated for realtime effects previews. here are some samples

youtube.com/fierostetz

some of them are full 1080p

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/store.aspx?p=229943

He doesn't get them up quite as quick as KillBoy though.
Happy you had fun. Did they do a mock race?
Thanks for the link. I might be able to get some pix after all.

No mock race. Had there been one, I'm sure that I would have finished last. There were mostly veterans in my group, which kind of made me wonder about the "novice" aspect of the day. Still, it was a lot of fun and all of the people were great.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Thanks for the link. I might be able to get some pix after all.

No mock race. Had there been one, I'm sure that I would have finished last.
We actually had a restart due a loop-out on the start. The "Veteran" novices smoked away from everyone else but the pack had good race. Most everyone rode like a gentleman. It sure is different, even if it is "mock", than just cutting laps.

"The trophies are mock as well as the checks... the crash damage however is real. Good luck!" - Dan

·
Registered
976 Posts
Dan said that? Why, he's just a loveable little fuzzball. ;)
He's full of memorable quotes... "bowling for slow guys" was probably at the top of the list for me.

Sorry to hijack your thread. I'm going to try the trial copy of Adobe Monday. If you haven't got anything running by then I'll shoot you an update.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tried the free trial versions of Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 and Adobe Premiere Elements. Sony won.
I have a previous version of Vegas (pre HD) and don't like it. Too complicated. How's the ease of use with the new version?

I really liked Windows Movie Maker. So easy (insert "even a caveman can do it" here). The most recent version requires that you sign up for Windows Live, which is an intrusive web-based "service", as they call it. No thanks.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have a previous version of Vegas (pre HD) and don't like it. Too complicated. How's the ease of use with the new version?

I really liked Windows Movie Maker. So easy (insert "even a caveman can do it" here). The most recent version requires that you sign up for Windows Live, which is an intrusive web-based "service", as they call it. No thanks.
I found it easier to use than the Adobe, probably because it's set up a lot like their Acid and Soundforge audio sofiware which I have used in the past. The Adobe relies on lengthy right clicked menus while Sony uses categorized tabs with sub menus. I had to consult the help feature very little with the Vegas.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
I tried the free trial versions of Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 and Adobe Premiere Elements. Sony won.
I use Sony Vegas as a professional editing package and with the research I have done I beleive the Sony software is more user friendly than the Adobe software.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts