Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanx Sleem ,I only wish this was shown to all cagers before the get their licences! I had three near misses two days ago. On averadge there is at least one potentially scary moment every time i ride. Personaly I think every new driver should have to do a week on a bike first just to get a feel for the terror inflicted buy the common shitty driver on us!

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Anyone else notice that the bike was not in the shot the first time the driver looked around, and appeared the second time around? A bit of false advertising there, but I guess it makes a valid point nonetheless.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
All the more reason to ride with high beams on all the time........

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ride with my highs on during the day for just that reason. And every time I see a cage pull up to make a right turn I treat him as if he is going to pull out in front of me. You just have to stay on your toes at all times.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The same video applies to the cyclist- if he were as far away as they show him when the guy in the car starts his turn out, and was only going as fast as they show in the last scene, then he shouldve been able to stop plenty short of that guy if he was paying any attention at all.

thats a piss poor video. too skewed to make sense. Im not gonna say any different just cuz its skewed my way.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
im not really sure this video is meant to be completely correct. I believe its meant to be a dramatization to draw more attention towards motorcyclists, so for that i applaud as it does a great job of grabbing your attention.

Ive always wondered if havin your highs on in the day makes a difference or not. 10 years ago I see and understand and believe it did. Now tho since every car produced pretty much has daytime running lamps people often dont even see lights during the day anymore. I know I dont I see motorcycles because im specifically looking for them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts