Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought SV which I'm really happy with, but I'm having a problem with vibration from engine. Is that a common thing? Or is there something I can do?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Vibration felt through the grips, pegs at any rpm? Some vibration is normal, affects some riders more than others. If the vibration is very severe, then I would say a loose engine mounting bolt/s. At idle, perhaps TBs need synching.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can feel it through the grips. Especially when I travel at slow speeds. I can't feel my right hand fingers after 50miles. Will check the bolts, thanks for the advice. I'm new to this environment so it's really about getting an information all around.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
You might consider the type of gloves you are wearing, maybe too tight or how you grip the bars, also too tight.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Had the same problem a while back...I have a 1k and with thin summer gloves it would make my throttle hand number in a bout a 30 min on the highway.
Since then I bought the ICON ti Max gloves and also a go cruise (throttle lock cruise control for $20) for the bike. Now its comfy. The thickness in the gloves really helps the vibes and the go cruise let's you relax your hand for a while.
Only other thing you can do is buy more comfy grips or some say put some lead shot bags in the bars to soak up vibes. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
You don't say whether you have the N or S model...but your avatar says N, so we'll go with that. As DeltaPapa said, some shot (or the like) in the bars can and will move the resonant frequency of the bars to a different rpm where you spend less riding time. Can make a big difference!

The stock S model has amazingly heavy bar end weights for just this problem. When I switched to tubular steel versions they tingled pretty badly....compared to the stock solid aluminum ones. Happily, I had some .715 round lead balls from my Kodiak rifle that fit tightly in the bars. Added three per side and it really dampened the vibes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I have the N model. I didn't realise that there is such a difference between bars. Good to know.

Thank you for your advices. I'll have a look around and try to find some good gloves. I bought winter ones 2 months ago, but those are probably one of the cheapest on the market. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

·
Registered
916 Posts
It's also helpful to keep the RPMs between 4500 to 5500. 4000 and below is lugging the motor a bit, and above 5500 is when mine starts to tingle a little. It might also be worth checking the chain and sprockets, too, although that's more of a higher speed/feel-it-in-the-feet sensation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts