Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody on here ever spray their tail lights with VHT? (or their blinkers or anything?)

I've used night shades on car headlights and tail lights before and like the look a lot. I'm thinking it might be nice on the SV.

(I ordered a can yesterday so I'll certainly post pics after doing it) ;D

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
I never took you to be a fagala that would do something uber ghey like that.

Please don't bring your blinged out bike over if you do that. My ridicule in person will be even worse.

(There's a recent thread where some noob asked the same thing. You should read what we wrote there.)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
that's a good way to get a car stuffed up you arse:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
I just like the look. How the crap is it fagtastic?
You're dimming your lights. Your lights on the rear are small enough as it is.

Call me a safety Nazi.

But if you add lots of neon lights or LED's under the gas tank and swingarm, it'll make up for the dimming of the rear AND add bling...

:evil6:

(edit)

Fagtastic. I like that word.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can see the tail lights just as well as when they're not VHT'd. That's been my experience.

*clicks link*

Fine, fine, fine. I'm still doing the inside tail lights on the Si (thank goodness I bought them for two, no one, reasons)

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Yeah definitely rock it mate, you've been there before, so you know all about the light but not too light coats to use.

You could wear a pink bunny suit and a fluro vest and some idiot cagers won't see you, just watch your arse at traffic lights, like you always do :)

I reckon doing the inside of the lens would have quite a cool effect because they're just translucent. Although on the indicators with their diffuser built into the lense, the outside would look better (just my opinion of course).

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah definitely rock it mate, you've been there before, so you know all about the light but not too light coats to use.

You could wear a pink bunny suit and a fluro vest and some idiot cagers won't see you, just watch your arse at traffic lights, like you always do :)

I reckon doing the inside of the lens would have quite a cool effect because they're just translucent. Although on the indicators with their diffuser built into the lense, the outside would look better (just my opinion of course).
Is this genuinely positive input? That makes me happy ;D

You're right though... like this morning when a guy tried getting into my lane without looking first... not like you can miss a blue bike that's been next to you for half a mile...

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
For sure buddy!

The others make a good point, you are going to be more likely to get run over by a cager, but those homos will run you down anyway! It's not really any more or less dangerous than teeny tiny Chinese made LED indicators, or those taillight integrators with the indicators now 50mm apart lol :D

My SV has a small DRC Edge 2 taillight with a smoked lense, designed as some sort of bolt on replacement for a DRZ400. It's impossible to see compared to the factory one, but I just ride accordingly. Black leather jacket and a 'Darth Vader' helmet with black visor seems to help... nobody wants to hit someone that looks as though they might eat them :lol:

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For sure buddy!

The others make a good point, you are going to be more likely to get run over by a cager, but those homos will run you down anyway! It's not really any more or less dangerous than teeny tiny Chinese made LED indicators, or those taillight integrators with the indicators now 50mm apart lol :D

My SV has a small DRC Edge 2 taillight with a smoked lense, designed as some sort of bolt on replacement for a DRZ400. It's impossible to see compared to the factory one, but I just ride accordingly. Black leather jacket and a 'Darth Vader' helmet with black visor seems to help... nobody wants to hit someone that looks as though they might eat them :lol:
LOL ;D

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's your bike and you ride it. Weigh the pros and cons of that. That being said, I've always loved the blacked out look on cars and bikes. I don't think decreasing the light output on your brake lights are going to have a huge factor on whether or not you get hit by a car, but it certainly doesn't improve your chances.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I'm sorry but as I said before "tinted" tails look good if done "tastfully"

I have done them before and even "blacked" out tails too.

I think doing the inside of a red enclosure would look sweet it would be red but with black behind it, hmmm (ideas)

I would still never do it to a bike for obvious safety reasons. I added lights to my a$$ end just to avoid getting hit.

I been pulled over with my old show car but when I went to court I proved that the high output bulbs are stronger even with the tint than the stock lights were. then I paid my fine and had a nice day.

Now the covers ou can buy look like a poo. I would never use them and think you are a tool if you do.

With all that said though, these things are designed for show only and are not DOT approved. If you were to get pulled over it is all on you.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
You can always take out the (admittedly not too bad!) stock LEDs, and solder in some super hi-brightness versions. Seriously... some of the LEDs these days have sick outputs. They're not cheap though, you'll probably pay a couple a bucks a piece (which doesn't seem much till you count up how many you'll need).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts