Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking at the veypor website and have a question. does the billet aluminum case you can buy for the veypor make it waterproof? or is it more to make it harder to steal? or is it just for looks?

anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Looks, but I think a little silicone sealer would help :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what i was thinking nate. the weak point would still be around the screen area. but other than that it should be pretty well protected.

hey nate, this winter is the winter of the streetfighter for me. so i might be asking for opinions as things come up.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
schultzboy said:
that's what i was thinking nate. the weak point would still be around the screen area. but other than that it should be pretty well protected.

hey nate, this winter is the winter of the streetfighter for me. so i might be asking for opinions as things come up.
Just give me a call brother... I would be glad to help you out.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
You may also want to try the Veypor board, or email Nathan directly about options for waterproofing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
schultzboy said:
i was looking at the veypor website and have a question. does the billet aluminum case you can buy for the veypor make it waterproof? or is it more to make it harder to steal? or is it just for looks?

anyone have any ideas?
From what Nathan from Veypor has told me, the veypor unit itself is waterproof except for the little hole on the underside of the unit where the wire connects. He said it IS possibly but unlikely a splash of water from a puddle could jump high enough into the hole on to some electronics to shorten it. he also said the holes to where the ram unit connects is vulnerable if screwes are removed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts