Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yipppppeeeee
Got my veypor gauges on the other day, with a little help from a friend it was pretty painless. I love em! I am using them as my primary gauges, stockers are gone! I have to make a mount for them because the ram mount that comes with it is not exactly permanent and someone can just take your gauges off and walk away with em :( But for $259 SVraceshop i couldny pass them up. I will post some pics later

·
Registered
505 Posts
Glad you found the install to be painless, we've gotten nothing but great feedback from everyone who has bought the Veypor units so far! I'm putting one on my race bike this year too. 8)

·
Registered
76 Posts
check the veypor forum, and the software/firmware update pages periodically. They will usually respond to suggestions, questions and problems very quickly; and have released new firmware in response to user feedback within a day or two.. The fuel-toolbox was the last major upgrade recently and works great.. the Veypor is usually able to calculate remaining fuel, usage and capacity within .07 to .1 gal. On suggestions from users, they made the G-accel bar in the main display switchable to a real time fuel level gauge.

http://veypor.com/forum/index.php

and

http://veypor.com/downloads.html

·
Registered
76 Posts
I take it you power up unit and select main menu before startiing the download?

Otherwise, I occasionally have issues with the USB-> SERIAL converter not being recognised before the program boots.. Nathan has been working on the software, and VAS is better at remembering serial settings, but it's still not very cleanly implemented - I usually reselect the correct serial port and then start the download.

What error do you get, or does it just hang?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yellow650 said:
i've had some problems updating the firmware.
anyone else have issues with the computer seeing the veypor unit?
I did my update today and it was pretty simple, download the software tool and then the firmware, plug the serial port in and open software.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've done it three or four times and everytime I get frustrated cause it doesn't work. Then I realize I'm the moron and didn't do something that was stated very clearly in the instructions. Once I get past that, it works through terminal services just fine. I've never tried there program.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.