Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I hook tach up to ignition coil or to stock tach wire?

If stock tach wire, what color is it on the 03? I cant find wiring diagram in the service manual.

T

·
0 Posts
dont know :)
I think stock tach runs of the computer,not coil.see if brown/black wire is the one.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TWF said:
dont know :)
I think stock tach runs of the computer,not coil.see if brown/black wire is the one.
I meant, how did you hook your veypor up? Did you not hook up the tach sensor? It gives the option to use stock tach wire, or to use coil. Which one should I use?

T

·
0 Posts
I dont use veypor and I have first generation bike.I also have about 6 wires total on my bike.
on 03 we use stock gauges.

T

·
0 Posts
wonderjosh said:
It gives the option to use stock tach wire, or to use coil. Which one should I use?
on 99-02 that is case.actualy same wire that goes to coil keeps going to tach.
03 is different.I have wire diagram but it does not show wire going from coil to gauges.I assume tach works straight from computer and guesing brown/black wire.that is only wire going straight to gauges without been conected to something else on the way.
I would try straight to front coil.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm.. I thought you put a veypor on the bike you built this year. I guess I have a bad memory. I will figure it out.

Yellow Nudist isn't a member anymore. :-\

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm looking to buy veypor soon.
maybe this weekend.

Misko had the alfono and he tried hooking the tach up to the wires.. but eventually went to the plug/coil because it gave a more consitant signal for some reason.

I'm kinda bumbed the veypor can't take the speedo signal from the stock speedo pickup. Can this be done??

I just spent a long while hooking my stock front speedo sensor to the back wheel and finally got it working... I'd love it if i didn't have to ziptie on that crappy little speedo pickup that comes witht he veypor.

any fixes for this?

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Coil works fine- take it off the back one, it's far easier to get to. Can't remember which wire it is you use ::) but you've got a 50/50 chance of getting it right! And if you don't, it's easy to sort.

T

·
0 Posts
wonderjosh said:
Hmm.. I thought you put a veypor on the bike you built this year. I guess I have a bad memory. I will figure it out.

Yellow Nudist isn't a member anymore. :-\
no,I have alfano.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts