Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a new helmet, and was wondering if you guyz have any suggestion or comments about these two helmets...

Vega Nitro Black Pulsar Helmet $149.99
http://www.vegahelmet.com/nitro_helmet/pics/nitro-bpulsargb.gif

Scorpion Exo-700 Fury $199.99
http://store1.yimg.com/I/azmotorsports_1854_54981

Both of them are DOT and SNELL M2000 certified...but there is a $50 price gap...I've always been a lil on edge about the Vega helmets because I got one for free when I bought my first bike...it was pretty flimsy... but this is their top of the line helmet. I tried it on at a shop too and it looks and feels pretty nice...anyone have one of these vega nitros???

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a scorpion. It's teh ish. I don't know anything about the vega though, so I can't really comment.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Isnt Vega the company that makes the CHEAPEST helmets? I bought one for my quad for like $40 new. I would go with the Scorpion, I have used them and like them.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Your EXO-700 price is pretty lousy....where are you buyin' from?

FWIW...the 400 is practically as good and $50 than the 700.

I love my EXO....and would certainly recommend them.

·
Registered
745 Posts
That is WAYYYY expensive for both of those helmets. They have them both on the shelf at Talladega Cycle Sales for $109. I have three helmets. I paid $119 for my Fulmer, $89 for my Vega casuse I caught it on sale, and I got my FM for free. I won it at the Rally. I wouldn't pay over $110 for either one. Vega helmets are pretty cheap, but out of my three, the Vega is the most comfortable. A guy I ride with has that exact Vega helmet in green. He loves it and only paid $99 for it.

Look around at some different sites, if you can't find them any cheaper, let me know. I'll try to get you a hook up.  ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah vega is the company that makes the cheapest helemts :-D hahahaha but this one ain't that cheap...its their top of the line race helemts and stuff...but i just don't trust the name vega since I still own a shoei....I want a new helmet cuz the shoei is a lil tight on my head now. Where can I find a cheaper EXO-700 and where de hell did you get a EXO-400 for $50???? I was just trying to see if anyone has that vega helmet, I'll prob buy one for my passengers. For me, I'll get the EXO-700 ppl give me a place to buy them!!! I've been looking around and the cheapest i've found was on e-bay like for one week...then i never was able to find it again ???

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
btw...keep in mind that I'm trying to get the EXO-700 FURY helmet...not the plain ones ;) If you know of a place less then $199.99 LET ME KNOW!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got mine from a place in Savannah, Ga. I got a plain gloss black exo700 with a dark smoke shield, TAXES AND shipped for 207.00. Call powermotorsports 912-964-4001

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is a little off subject. From what I have read you are better off purchasing a helmet that is only DOT approved and not Snell M2000 approved. There was a long article in SportRider 2 months ago. A snell m2000 helmet is so sturdy and rigid that it does a better job of transferring energy to your head rather than the shell absorbing the impact. DOT approved helmets that can be found at Pep Boys or AutoZone were the most effective in absorbing energy. The brand name I think is ZR. I use a HJC DOT approved helmet. When I wrecked at 40+ it did an excellent job of keeping me safe. Anyone else read that article??? BH

·
Registered
836 Posts
Robotben311 said:
This is a little off subject.  From what I have read you are better off purchasing a helmet that is only DOT approved and not Snell M2000 approved.  There was a long article in SportRider 2 months ago.  A snell m2000 helmet is so sturdy and rigid that it does a better job of transferring energy to your head rather than the shell absorbing the impact.  DOT approved helmets that can be found at Pep Boys or AutoZone were the most effective in absorbing energy.  The brand name I think is ZR.   I use a HJC DOT approved  helmet.  When I wrecked at 40+ it did an excellent job of keeping me safe.  Anyone else read that article??? BH
I read it...and yet...I can't overcome my personal stigma that DOT only helmets are second-rate or for "cruiser guys".

BTW...I didn't get my EXO-400 for $50....I was sucking at typing and was intending to say that the 400 was $50 less than the 700.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a Scorpion EXO 400 and I absolutely love it. I tried on the 700 and the 400, but the 400 seemed more comfortable to me. It also didn't seem any lighter than the 700. At least not $50 lighter IMHO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts