Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can have them custom taylored to you by vanson them selfes, they offered when i bought my jacket, to me they seem heaver and better than joerocket jackets, just wanted other peoples opinions

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i live on nantucket, but when i went to buy my bike i wasent very far from there factroy, so i went there, they have hundreds of hundreds of jackes on the shelfs, used, ones that didnt sell, ones that will match any bike out there, all there jackets have a vin number and if they get stolen and found it will be returned to you. i think thats very cool. they even have camo ones

·
Registered
123 Posts
chuckles said:
i live on nantucket, but when i went to buy my bike i wasent very far from there factroy, so i went there, they have hundreds of hundreds of jackes on the shelfs, used, ones that didnt sell, ones that will match any bike out there, all there jackets have a vin number and if they get stolen and found it will be returned to you. i think thats very cool. they even have camo ones

wow...what is a base cost for one?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they offered to taylor the one that i picked off the rack but it fit very well as is , if i get fat or something i will have them stretch the hide a bit but for now it is great . what are the prices like in the retail stores (bike shops ect... )

·
Registered
703 Posts
A two piece suit from Vanson is on my list of things to buy, along with an Aerostich Roadcrafter suit. Yes you'll pay top $$$ for both but I look at them as a life time investment, not something to be swapped every couple of seasons like a JR or Icon jacket.

If all you can afford is JR stuff right now, then by all means get it. Then start saving your pennies so when it's time to replace it you'll be able to afford the better stuff. ;)

·
Registered
687 Posts
i have a vanson jacket i went down to .fallrivera :) i wouldn't have another jacket on my back. the quality is top notch . i have seen a few guys crash hard in them and they have walked away fine. most racer around here have them .

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have one that I have had for about 25000 miles. It is just starting to get broken in. You can't beat the quality. The only downside is that you are wearing a heavy leather jacket, it can get HOT in the middle of summer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i bet it can get quite warm, i heard the arm vents are a great help for that when moving, that whole vin number on them is cool they said i could insure it with the bike but my insurance co. said that i couldnt i was kind bummed out that i couldnt insure it. i'm also very mad at the regestry and the dealer ship i bought the bike from, they said that i had to have an rmv1 form from the dealer ship, and i live on an island it will be a pain in the but for me to get that paperrwork from the dealer ship, ( sorry just venting, got a little off topic there)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Went down in a lowspeed in a friend's borrowed when I first started riding. There was hardly a scratch on the left forearm & shoulder where I hit and absolutely no damage whatsoever to me, not even soreness.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Raspberry said:
Went down in a lowspeed in a friend's borrowed when I first started riding.  There was hardly a scratch on the left forearm & shoulder where I hit and absolutely no damage whatsoever to me, not even soreness.
Same results w/ my JR Blaster 1.0. Cost a tad less too. Hear good things about Vanson, but then again, I ride a budget bike.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Abe Frohman said:
A two piece suit from Vanson is on my list of things to buy, along with an Aerostich Roadcrafter suit.  Yes you'll pay top $$$ for both but I look at them as a life time investment, not something to be swapped every couple of seasons like a JR or Icon jacket.

If all you can afford is JR stuff right now, then by all means get it.  Then start saving your pennies so when it's time to replace it you'll be able to afford the better stuff. ;)

i burned through my icon pretty fast after a low speed laydown, but my JR has held up great the past two seasons.

I will definatly start saving for a vason two piece tho...seems like it may be worht it in the end

·
Registered
687 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts