Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking my tire pressure today and noticed the front valve stem was dry cracking but still holding for now. Just had my tires replaced in April, so I called my installer and they said they did replace them when they installed my tires. So after only 6 months one was cracking. I know about the past auto problem and said I would have to talk to a manager because he couldn't authorize anything on the phone. "This is the only place I've taken my bikes bought 2 through them, gear, service plan, extended warranty the works." So I go talk to the manager and he sits and says almost nothing "which pisses me off" and basically says the warranty is only 30 days on it and they would be happy to put one in at no charge, but the mount and balance @$50.00. Tells me there suppliers won't compensate them for there labor even though I doubt he has ever called to ask, or has had so many problems he knows already. He said he's never had any complaighnts or failures of them and they put "hundreds of tires on that month" I've had multiple sets of tires on and never had one do this. What makes me the most upset is how I felt like they didn't seem to care or even try to work something out. They'll prob be loosing a customer and my references over a VALVESTEM. They have always had lowsy cust service but this... I talked to there techs and they said it should last longer but there hands are tied. My fear more than my safety is if there are more potentially bad stems out there.

What are your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
What kind of cracking? Like dry rot? My bet is that they never replaced them. That is a line of bull**** they're feeding you about not being able to replace the defective (though IMO probably not defective at all... Just old) stems. They're just refusing to replace them. If I were you, I'd either learn to change my own tires (not as hard as it may sound) or find a new shop. If you find a new shop, mark your stems from now on and check them when they're done to find out if they truly changed them out for new ones.

I do all my own motorcycle maintenance. There are two types of people that I vehemently distrust: salesman and mechanics. I used to do both for a living.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts