Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if there were any other SV Riders that would be attending Track Days or Races at VIR or Summit this year.

Thus far, I hope to ride April 12th on Shenandoah (Summit) and the 18th and 19th on Patriot (VIR).

I'd love to know if there are going to be any other friendly faces out there;D

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'll be at Shenny on 4/11 and 4/12 and Patriot on 4/18 and 4/19. I'm in the Red (intermediate) group.

Look for a blue SVS with no front cowl being towed by the smallest car in the paddock. Chances are I'll be talking to Rich (coach) since he's TPM's resident SV enthusiast and this will be the first time he's seen my new bike. :)

If you've been to any of TPM's days later on last year, I was on a white 1990 Kawasaki EX500.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be at Shenny on 4/11 and 4/12 and Patriot on 4/18 and 4/19. I'm in the Red (intermediate) group.

Look for a blue SVS with no front cowl being towed by the smallest car in the paddock. Chances are I'll be talking to Rich (coach) since he's TPM's resident SV enthusiast and this will be the first time he's seen my new bike. :)

If you've been to any of TPM's days later on last year, I was on a white 1990 Kawasaki EX500.
Hmmm...might recognize you when we get there. I made the first and last days of the season for TPM at VIR last year....that's it:(

I didn't know that TMP had a resident SV enthusiast though. Good to know. I failed two attempts to get an SV track bike, so I'll be on my street bike again. It's not hard to miss because it always looks a bit to stock to be out there;D

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We haven't seen each other then. Next weekend (4/18-4/19) will be my first time at VIR.
Hopefully you will meet a couple of us that weekend then. It's always great to see other SVRs at the track! Almost everyone out there is friendly, but SVHavers are just extra special.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
I will be doing at least a few at Summit, maybe VIR and NJMP.... Will be on a pit crew at VIR for the AMA races too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't know if I'd consider my face friendly.... but you know Ill be at Shenandoah the 12th and Patriot the 19th ;D

I'll be in red group too forbin, on a green 1st gen, with another buddy on a cbsv650rr. lol

What happened with the other track bike?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I will be doing trackdays at Summit throughout the summer and a weekend at VIR. Not sure of the dates yet. Oh yea, I ride with NESBA and I'm assuming you guys are with TPM.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I will be doing trackdays at Summit throughout the summer and a weekend at VIR. Not sure of the dates yet. Oh yea, I ride with NESBA and I'm assuming you guys are with TPM.
yes, these are TPM dates, but i'll ride with anyone. These just fit my friends and my schedule for now. I see some nesba dates this summer that'll fit better though.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
;D Sounds like there will be a lot of SVs up and about! I'm looking forward to it!:hug:

I'll probably be in the most stock looking bike of them all....but thankfully...I'm in white class. Maybe by the end of the season, I'll be able to step it up!

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Depending on what bike I take (GSXR 1000 or SV), I will do Intermediate or Advanced groups.

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Right now we're only set up for cornerspeed at VIR in May, but I hope to do a few more as my schedule becomes clearer.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right now we're only set up for cornerspeed at VIR in May, but I hope to do a few more as my schedule becomes clearer.

Is the "we're" you and the ....better half?;D

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, it's me and the ******* dog. :rolleyes:

:hiding2:

If Yuki passes me...I think I'm going to sell the bike :p

Sounds like it's going to be a great season. Of course I'm down for the count all of May, but I should be ready to hit the pavement again in time for the rally!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I don't know if I'd consider my face friendly.... but you know Ill be at Shenandoah the 12th and Patriot the 19th ;D

I'll be in red group too forbin, on a green 1st gen, with another buddy on a cbsv650rr. lol

What happened with the other track bike?
The EX500?

October 4th, 2008. Pocono East, TPM lunch time race, "Supermoto" class (includes SV650's and pretty much anything smaller, including 2-stroke 125's and 250's).

Chasing an Aprilia RS250 with Glen Goldman (TPM Prez) chasing me down on his hopped up 2008 EX250 (don't think he was really trying :D). About 3 laps in a Supermoto a few places ahead threw a rod and blew out the bottom of its crankcase, dumping oil on the pit straight. I was focused so intently on that RS250 I never saw the oil. Slid the front braking for T1 and fell to the right. Put a hole in the water pump along with some fairing and handlebar damage. Didn't bother fixing it because I wanted an SV anyway.

(NOTE: I've since bought a new suit, a blue A* MX-1)

Lap 1 (note Andy (coach) on an older EX250 and Dennis from Race Day Photo on his DRZ in the background :)):

Lap 1 (finish line is on the oval straight):

Lap 2 or 3:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fine Fine Fine....talk me into it.

If all goes well (without anything major breaking) this weekend at Shenny, I'll be at VIR patriot on the 18th.

I'm excited to try out my lap timer...or maybe not. I guess it depends on what times it says I'm running!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts