Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just looking for anyone else from Utah on here, it would be nice to ride/swap knowledge with someone local! I live in the SLC area, so just hit me up if you are too!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm from Utah - moved up here to Seattle though a couple of years ago. I hear the canyons are awesome (didn't get into street riding till moving up here). Logan Canyon would be a lot of fun on a bike, and most of southern Utah is incredible riding - street or dirt.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are a ton of awesome rides in southern Utah, I have been on a few of them, though it has been a while. In northern Utah though, there are canyons all over the place. I always like Millcreek canyon, but Big Cottonwood canyon is awesome too. Parleys is a little boring, and Provo Canyon is a little boring too. I haven't really gone into many of the other canyons yet, but I too have heard that Logan Canyon is nice. Just my opinion though, come check it out for yourself!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey, looks like I'm the other Utah member. Lol. There are a few SVr's in my apartment complex, but I don't believe they are on the forum. One of them is supposedly doing a gsxr front-end on his pointy.
I guess I do big cottonwood and emigration canyon the most. Haven't really ridden mine all that much since I got it (about this time last year), though. Probably less than 1000 miles. I'll have to try american fork canyon when I put mine back together. Did that on my last bike and it seemed like a nice ride for a sportier bike like the SV.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Been riding here for 7 years now. Live in the Millcreek area, took the bike out today just to keep things limber, 45 degrees, not to bad, looking forward to summer. I ride with a few guys, varied bikes Yamaha FJR1300, Honda 750 Shadow, BMW 650 and even a H.D. Nightster. We go all over Monte Cristo, Huntington Canyon, Mirror Lake (in the summer), East Canyon and Logan Canyon. Nice group....very mellow

·
Gay Balls
498 Posts
another utah rider here. i live in pleasant grove but make trips to salt lake all the time. if you guys know more riders we all should get together soon and do a little riding, maybe even a bbq up a canyon or something.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Midvale, but ride Immigration, the cottonwoods, provo, and hopfully east, american fork, and mirror lake whenever they open.

anyone want to hit on with me, PM and let me know

·
Registered
503 Posts
Dear Utah Riders, has anyone done the TPS mod and have the tools to do it? im looking to try to do it, but am scared to try myself.

·
Registered
172 Posts
You're referring to this, ya?

Haven't done it on a bike, have done it on a car - which seems about the same - Don't have any security torx, but harbor freight is rumored to have them. I've got a garage, tools, and plenty of free time if you want someone to fumble through it with ya, though!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone here good with carbs? I have never worked on them and would like someone that is a little more familiar with them to help with some cleaning, jetting and proper adjustment of them. I am one of the guys that can do anything once I am shown what the heck I am doing, reading about it doesn't do anything for me. I live in the Holladay area if that is helpful.

·
Gay Balls
498 Posts
Anyone here good with carbs? I have never worked on them and would like someone that is a little more familiar with them to help with some cleaning, jetting and proper adjustment of them. I am one of the guys that can do anything once I am shown what the heck I am doing, reading about it doesn't do anything for me. I live in the Holladay area if that is helpful.
dude, i've gotta do mine really bad too but i don't have any experience. if no one is willing to lend a hand i say we try to figure it out. i'm not bad at reading and doing, it just takes way longer. i've got a buddy who has a home made carb sync.

·
Registered
86 Posts
hmmm I have a carb need cleaning too.. but need some guides.... how about meet this week some where?? I live in sugarhouse...

·
Gay Balls
498 Posts
let's do it. we'll at least have good weather. i'll find some worthwhile guides and print them. i live in pleasant grove but riding anywhere doesn't bother me. we'll need a place and tools. i've got a good set but convincing someone to follow me somewhere would be another story. hey tatertot, i'm guessing you probably live somewhere near sugarhouse from the go utes quote so we could meet somewhere down there. any thoughts? i'm good any day after 5. maybe ride and bbq included...

1 - 20 of 341 Posts