Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NOTE: This is mainly for cosmetic purposes, and because I had nothing else to do with my stock bar ends after purchasing Motrax mini bar end mirrors. My bike is an '06 so I'm not sure if this will work on 1st gens.

What's needed:
1. Motrax mini bar end mirrors
2. Stock bar ends
3. Phillips screwdriver
4. Allen wrench

Loosen the screws that clamp the mirror in place

Remove the clamp ring

Place clamp ring on the bar end followed by the rubber spacer/nut. (The clamp ring will not fit snug onto the bar end screw, but the rubber spacer will keep it in place after tightening it.)

Clamp the mirror back onto the the clamp ring. Finished product should look like this... You're ready to screw it into the handlebars with the phillips.

Here are a few pics of what it looks like on the bike...

;D

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hey good post I just took my bar ends off and got them machined down on the end to fit the clamps on your way would have been much more reverisable... Oh well, and be carefull when tightning down the small allens on the clamp it will snap you clamp in half pretty easy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right on, thx for the heads up on tightening the clamp. i'll definitely be careful with that.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I have aftermarket bar ends, and this procedure won't work. Instead, I just slid my grips in about 1/2" or so, and put the mirror directly onto the handlebar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts