Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how many track guys are on on this forum, but as somebody who's been following it for close to 50 years, I've never seen anything like Bolt. Bob Hayes' leg in the 4x100 at Toyko was incredible, and I saw Renaldo Nehemiah do a 200m leg at the Penn Relays that had everybody wondering if their stopwatches broke (I had him at 18.8 ), but the way Bolt ran the turn in the 200 today was just beyond comprehension.
Easily the greatest sprinter in history.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Honestly I'm not sure I've watched more than a handful of foot races in my life.

My family and I are (because of my work schedule) slowly going through as much as we can of the Olympics. Just finishing up women's gymnastics now.

We are enjoying it more than we ever have.

I'll certainly add this to our queue.

Thanks for not revealing any spoilers. They've been a challenge to avoid! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
He's cocky.....but backs it up. I kinda like it when he gets so far ahead , he let's up and coasts to a win.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Olympians only get so much time in the spotlight so I have no problem with them being cocky and soaking up every bit of it while they can. Plus, Jamaica doesnt have much else so they feed his ego on a regular basis. When I was in Jamaica last fall, the only things you see are Cool Runnings, Bob Marley and Usain Bolt everywhere. The guy is an amazing sprinter.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Talks the talks and well runs the runs. He is the fastest man on the planet and there is no question about that until a hot sample comes back.

:)

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
there is no question about that until a hot sample comes back
Well, even then he'd be the "fastest man on the planet" but in the supercharged class.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Oscar impress me....diggin the carbon 'blades...with tread on the bottom!!!

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
He did it pulling away too

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Yeah and it looked like he wasn't trying too hard... absurd. Sucky thing is, that in a few days, nobody will give a crap anymore, untill the next olympics of course...

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Props to Bolt, the man can run, makes the Jamaican people feel good and have someone to be proud of.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I agree that he is cocky and I would be too if I were doing what the does. He is a freak of nature and damn good at what he does. I also thought he looks like he lets up when he takes a lead. I think this hinders his full potential though. I assume that he may let up a bit on his wins to help prevent injury vs being overly cocky? How long before someone in this type of physical condition pushes too hard and sustains a serious injury? I obviously don't follow track/running so much as football. Just doing a comparison on when a RB gives it everything they have and blows out a knee or tears ACL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts