Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spring is almost here (sans the one or two more little snowstorms) so that means its nearly time to get the bike out on the roads again! I live in Marquette and know a couple of riders from here, but not many. Was wondering if there was anyone from the UP interested in riding this summer? A couple of friends and I have been talking about riding to the soo/Canada and camping somewhere on the US side, would be awesome to get a few more people to go! A ride up to Copper Harbor would be fun too, those roads are fun in a car but I've never done them on the bike.

I know a few good roads in Marquette county but I'm always looking for fun spots around here.

Here's an image from acbono;

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
It was 72* today, but more snow is in the forecast. :mad:

I'd love to come up to the U.P. and explore a bit more.

I did a bicycle tour last year that included the stretch between Newberry/Paradise/Soo and they seemed like nice roads. The only time I've been to Copper Harbor, (many years ago) it was foggy and you couldn't see anything. :'(

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I'd be up for a trip to Copper Harbor sometime this summer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was 72* today, but more snow is in the forecast. :mad:

I'd love to come up to the U.P. and explore a bit more.

I did a bicycle tour last year that included the stretch between Newberry/Paradise/Soo and they seemed like nice roads. The only time I've been to Copper Harbor, (many years ago) it was foggy and you couldn't see anything. :'(
It's snowing here today. Just little flakes and its not really sticking, but it's still depressing! Was hoping to get the bike out this weekend but now it looks like thats not gonna happen. I know some good roads around Marquette if you're ever in the area. :)

Up in Copper Harbor there's a loop that 41 and 26 make that's really nice IIRC, 41 is curvy and hilly and 26 follows the lake. The roads might even be in okay condition!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey from Sault Ontario.

Still nice and cold on this side of the Mac. Snows going down and there were a few nice days that got the bike out but no major speeds with all the sand still kicking about.

If you make it up this way there's a really nice swisty road in Harbour springs that we try to do a few times each year. If you're ever in the area drop a line and if work doesn't get in the way we should hook up for a coffee or cold brew.

Rock on
Troy

·
Registered
31 Posts
OH ****!

YOOPER RIDE!

I'm currently going to Michigan Technological University. I would totally be up for a ride. I've been to copper harbor a couple of times last fall. It's still pretty cold up here and we had snow yesterday, but I will definitely keep you guys informed on the weather.

A ride up US41 to copper harbor and then back down Brockway Mountain drive is always a blast.

A couple of pics to get you interested:

Brockway Mountain

View over Lake Superior

Got the SV in there a bit but my friend took the photos so his K12R is always the center of attention.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
I had to plow a bunch of snow Sunday before I could leave for here. (TN, rode the dragon today :nana:)

I'd be into meeting up if the dates work for me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's the loop that I was thinking! :D I drove up there when I first got my license but haven't been up there on the bike yet. Thanks for posting a picture, I'm going to put it in my OP (so long as you're cool...and you're cool, right? right??)

Hey from Sault Ontario.

If you make it up this way there's a really nice swisty road in Harbour springs that we try to do a few times each year. If you're ever in the area drop a line and if work doesn't get in the way we should hook up for a coffee or cold brew.
My friend mentioned something about taking a ride up to Canada this summer, so I'll definitely let you know about that. :)

I'll be in the UP all summer too (of course) riding around marquette county. Haven't brought the bike out yet though :( But I'll probably go get it on Monday.

When should this happen? Early/mid/late summer, etc... I'm open for all but a week in August.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey phox.

If you make it to Canada drop me a pm and if I'm not working I'll buy you a coffee or something. Plus I have a garage and tools if you ran into any trouble along the way.

Acbono, look like the Copper Harbour drive might be a good cruise too. With a 250+ mile ride to get there I'll have to look at an over nighter lol.

Something else to keep in mind for the summer.

Troy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah! You could crash at my place... but only b/c you have the same bike as me. lol

BTW. We got snow here in Houghton the other day.:mad:

Should get nice soon tho.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah! You could crash at my place... but only b/c you have the same bike as me. lol

BTW. We got snow here in Houghton the other day.:mad:

Should get nice soon tho.
It's supposed to get up to 70 today, so I'll definitely be out riding later, but nowhere near Houghton. Currently stuck at work though, don't even get a window. :'(

Then back to the 40s tomorrow. :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
can you still get up the back side of wheelcade bluff in southrange? i had a couple of cool pics from there from car rally time a few years back (back when you could watch them fly at brockway)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wast just up to Copper Harbor this last weekend while visiting friends in Houghton, Kept thinking there would be some awesome twisties for riding.

Saw lots of bikes, ll cruisers though, def planning a trip up there in a few weeks...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts