Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a Penske double clicker on the rear, got a good price from the guys at SVRaceshop.
That was pretty much plug and play. I was shocked at how CHEESY the stock shock looked when I took it off. It really looks like a cheap POS that was manufactured in some third world country!

The front end, I went with 20 weight, Sonic .95's and Racetech emulators.
That job was more than a pain in the butt due to tools and stripping out the damper rod screw.

To take the weight off the front end, I used two identical six foot step ladders and a 2x4 with a come-a-long winch and some web strapping. I don't have a tree stand and my front stands are only good to change tires, can't use them for working on the forks. I don't trust my garage ceiling, it is finished with sheet rock and I did not want to mess that up as I am selling the house.

The axle nut needs a 12mm hex wrench ... don't bother going to Sears or Autozone ...
Get on the phone and call every autoparts store in your area, you may be lucky and find one that sells a ten dollar kit that has the 12mm, 14mm and 17mm. After 20 or so phone calls I found one at VIP Discount Autoparts.

The damper rod uses a 6mm hex wrench. Sacrifice one from a set by cutting it, grinding it flat and deburring the edges. Use a 6mm socket from a quarter inch drive set, a quarter to three-eighths adapter, and a three-eighths to half inch adapter. Plug it into an impact wrench and make sure you apply a good downward pressure so the impacts do not rattle the allen wrench out of the hole and strip it. (see my other post on how to get out of that jam)

Now I got to set the sag and pre sag ... oh wifey ... please please please ... I need you for a very boring critical task.
Can you come out and hold a tape measure for me ??? ;D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Grats man, you're gonna love how it handles. It's like having a whole new bike! ;D

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now if I can only figure out how to set it up right ...

Ass end is higher, I am tall and I can still put both heels on the ground but the legs are now straight instead of slightly bent. Suspension is firmer and more precise. I have been pounding the front brake at low speeds ... NO MORE NOSEDIVES!

Any one here know where the low beams are suppose to hit. Now that the ass end is higher, I have no more low beam coverage. Top of the low beam is about 30 feet in front of me. Got a lot of work setting it up right.

Unfortunately I do not know what right feels like so I am going to look for some help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts