Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I have a 2005 Suzuki SV 650 that I have owned since 2017. I did a track day back in 2018 and that really got me thinking about doing more of them. Like in all things you need money and time and I had neither of them, so I didn't get do a single track day in 2019. But now things have changed, it's time to update that little SV so that I can take it to the track on the coming summer.

My goal here is to keep it registered and not turn it into a full on track bike. That may have come to question in the future but not now. I am going to start of by listing the aftermarket parts and upgrades I have done so far, and then parts that I am waiting to have installed or they are on the mail.

Aftermarket parts and upgrades:

• K&N air filter
  • Steel braided brake lines
  • EBC Streetsport HH brake pads
  • ZX-10R (2006) rear shock
  • SVRP rearsets
  • 14-46 sprockets with a 525 chain
  • Metzeler M7 RR rear wheel
Parts I have ordered or are on the mail:

• Frame sliders
  • DR404 belly pan
  • 0,95 kg/mm front springs
  • Racetech emulators
  • Motul 15w oils for the front shocks
A lot of the things I am doing is new to me and I am learning along the way, so if you have any tips or criticism it is more than welcome.

I will be posting here when I get more parts and I get to installing.

Cheers from Finland!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little update from yesterday. I was suppose to attach the belly pan but I forgot the mounts home so I had to settle for fitting it with wire and checking the mounting spots. I did attach the frame sliders which was a really fast job. Pop out the long bolt from the engine and use the one that came with the package. Then all I had to do was to screw in the sliders and there it is.

Next up is upgrading the front forks when I get my hands on the parts.

The material seemed really firm, got it from SVRP. If I end up lowsiding the bike they're probaply gonna save a few euros.

In this picture the belly pan is fitted with wire so it's not yet in place. I do really like the look of it because in my eye the SV has always looked like it is missing something.

·
Super Moderator
8,162 Posts
when you're doing springs/emulators make sure you drill/braze the rods. otherwise you'll be getting some weird results (same hydrolock as before and emulators being funky). 15w is a bit high with emulators in as far as I remember, but check racetech's guide

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
when you're doing springs/emulators make sure you drill/braze the rods. otherwise you'll be getting some weird results (same hydrolock as before and emulators being funky). 15w is a bit high with emulators in as far as I remember, but check racetech's guide
Hey, thanks for the reminder. I do remember reading something about it before, but didn't remember it at the moment. Gotta do more research on that. What comes to the 15w, some guy at another forum used it in his track SV with emulators and he was satisfied with it. That's where I am basing my decision on buying 15w.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A small update. I changed 0,95 kg/mm springs and installed Racetech emulators. Also changed bushings etc. since I took the front end apart.

Apparently no one had serviced the front end since the oil smelled like death and was all grey/black. I poured in Motul 15W oils and set the oil level to 130mm.

Next up is the belly pan and R6 throttle and then I am pretty much done for now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Spent a day at the garage working with the SV. I installed the mounts for the DR404 belly pan.

Here are a few pictures of the mounts:

Front right.

Rear right.

Front left.

Rear left.

I even painted the belly pan, but I am not satisfied with the color, so I am going to repaint it. I will post some pictures of it when it is finished and installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts