Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Not sure what you mean by that Steph, if it's directed towards me personally please clarify. As for my 'bacon' icon, I am pretty mddle of the road on thiswhe subject.
Not sure what a piece of bacon means either, but it certainly could be open to interpretation from the other side of the world, and as it amusingly turns out, in the US. Perhaps you should try expressing yourself with words, rather than a wanky cooked rasher of pork :rolleyes:

Have you actually purchased anything from Luis, or have you just taken it upon yourself to promulgate what is and isn't to be deemed as a 'vendor' or a 'facilitator'? Luis doesn't just dole his work out to a machine shop, he has 'intellectual property', that being the measurements he has made considerable effort, I imagine, to discover and put to good use in providing a welcome product and service to many SV riders around the globe. He also has to source core parts, and have the spacers machined up in quantity. It certainly sounds like you have a hidden agenda.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
^^ there's no doubt about that, an announcement in public like that is nothing short of an attack. its an attack on our flag, and an attack on the president, on our country, the amber waves of grain, you may as well just start the monkey bar training now.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
^^ there's no doubt about that, an announcement in public like that is nothing short of an attack. its an attack on our flag, and an attack on the president, on our country, the amber waves of grain, you may as well just start the monkey bar training now.
:iamwithstupid:

It's time to choose a side.
If yer not for :bacon:, yer with the :sign7:.

AMERICA....FUGG YEA!!

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
These guys are just playing on a dead thread...

Original Poster was complaining on the time frame... Which was very long due in part for the proccess to manufacture his parts ad in part because the package shipped was lost for several weeks... I did not now it was lost for weeks... When I found out it was lost it took two more week to have it return to sender and what ever long it takes to ship with UPS...

But that was settle long, long ago...

Luis

PS:What is with the bacon?? ?? ??

·
Premium Member
8,122 Posts
Not sure what a piece of bacon means either, but it certainly could be open to interpretation from the other side of the world, and as it amusingly turns out, in the US. Perhaps you should try expressing yourself with words, rather than a wanky cooked rasher of pork :rolleyes:

Have you actually purchased anything from Luis, or have you just taken it upon yourself to promulgate what is and isn't to be deemed as a 'vendor' or a 'facilitator'? Luis doesn't just dole his work out to a machine shop, he has 'intellectual property', that being the measurements he has made considerable effort, I imagine, to discover and put to good use in providing a welcome product and service to many SV riders around the globe. He also has to source core parts, and have the spacers machined up in quantity. It certainly sounds like you have a hidden agenda.
Well, your opinion is what it is. I just wanted to be clear on your use of the jer k off smiley. To some degree I am supporting Luis' efforts, you might see that if you read my prior post it in context. As for the bacon, I am being middle of the road, I found your opinion about your experience interesting. intellectual (lol as that might relate to a SVR member) property aside, I hardly find the seller an expert. That is my opinion. You on the other hand I found interesting for a bit, now you strike me as a bit of a gash. That too is my opinion. :jerkbag: :jerkbag: :jerkbag:

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
late to this topic...but i'll weigh in anyways.

despite best intentions no process is 100% perfect, especially when you involve the postal service.

based on my experience, Luis is honorable and stands behind his work and will do everything in his power to make things right...at the end of the day, that's worth ALOT!!!

w

These guys are just playing on a dead thread...

Original Poster was complaining on the time frame... Which was very long due in part for the proccess to manufacture his parts ad in part because the package shipped was lost for several weeks... I did not now it was lost for weeks... When I found out it was lost it took two more week to have it return to sender and what ever long it takes to ship with UPS...

But that was settle long, long ago...

Luis

·
Registered
271 Posts
There are a handful of businesses that are highly reputable on this board that do not stock parts and are not manufactured till they are ordered (Svracingparts, Swatt). I think the smaller they are, the more likely that is to happen. It would just be nice if they were up front about it, but they know it will cost them immediate business. But what they don't consider is that while they may make an immediate sale, if the customer is left waiting with no reasonable explanation, they will most likely lose a repeat customer.

I for one was in a similar situation with Svracingparts and will never buy anything from them again, even for a lower price. I waited for for two and a half months for a set of clipons and wasn't even told until after 8 weeks that they had yet to be manufactured even though I was asking for updates on a weekly basis.

But just as with Luis, I'm guessing most of his customers are happy with product and service. Buyers discretion but businesses should realize what the true cost of bad communication is.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I see Zoran's name here and there mentioned by others, but have never seen him advertise or have anything to do with this specific site really.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
I see Zoran's name here and there mentioned by others, but have never seen him advertise or have anything to do with this specific site really.
there's a big reason for that ;)

http://www.twfracing.com/

He was the original supplier for any and almost all spacer kits, 1st gen machined parts, etc. Great guy, always there to help and knows everything about SV's.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just checked out his page, and on topic with this thread, why is Luis's rear wheel swap kit so popular but no one mentions Zorans?

It seems that everyone rips on Luis's kit, or business expertise at least, and while his kit does what is says it will do, there is an alternative out there.

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
zoran doesnt need to advertise and he doesnt need to give you all the BS sales pitches like Luis does. He just makes what you want. You want to run the gsxr wheel, he will supply the kit in a TIMELY fashion. Zoran's work is top notch. I have had quite a few spacers made by him.

If you look around this forum, you will find many people mentioning his name or Twin Works Factory.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts