Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week has been one of the better ones. If you'll recall i posted recently about an accident i had a few months back. Well as it turns out the dumb $h!t that caused it wants to settle. :)
This is very good in that hopefully we'll avoid court. Evidentally her attorney feel that the substantial amount of evidence would kill her in a court room.
The offers been made at replacement value of the bike(which i've already started to rebuild into a track day bike(tryin to keep it somewhat legal), Med costs which at last tally just broke the $20,000 mark(thank all that is good for health insurance) and restitution.

I want to hold out for one more thing, and do not think I'm being unreasonable. I feel the driver should have to take a driver awarness class(defensive driving or some other equvailent) and voluntarily give up her license for at least six months. :twisted:

So my lawyers going to try to see where they can get w/that in mind and the threat of those stipulations or a substantial increase in restitution. May be i can finish my zx10 over the winter just the way i want it :roll:

With any luck the dr. will get me started inmy learn to walk calsses soon as i feel that i'm farther ahead than they ever imagined i'd be, but who knows.

also can't seem to post pics? Either w/ my name or in threads. any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
sounds like you're being reasonable about the whole thing. maybe she'll learn something :roll:

in regards to the pics, you could load them to photobucket or a similar service and link to them from here

·
Registered
87 Posts
Very good idea on the drivers course. I wonder if having her take the MSF course would work as well. If nothing else she would see bikes in a whole new light.

Well done Froggin
to

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
Froggin sV said:
With any luck the dr. will get me started inmy learn to walk calsses soon as i feel that i'm farther ahead than they ever imagined i'd be, but who knows.
No $$$$$ for pain and suffering?.....

Sounds like it was a bad accident....... I am glad your bills will be paid, but, sounds like you are due more then that.....

K

·
0 Posts
Ya man, you are due more money than that. I am all for being fair, and I think you are getting the short end of the stick. You have to learn how to walk again...you need to be compensated for that, and all of the other terrible stuff you had to go through.

·
Registered
110 Posts
letting them off for purely economic damages like replacement value and medical expenses would be a bad move.

I don't know what happened in your acccident, or how bad you were hurt. Did you miss work? How long were you unable to partake in your hobby of choice (riding)? How much physical therapy?

Although not generally the case for insurance settlements, in our area of law pain and suffering is usually several times higher than actual medical expenses. Still, you should be able to get at least half of you total economic loss (lost wages+replacement cost+medical expenses/2) in pain and suffering.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Froggin sV said:
I want to hold out for one more thing, and do not think I'm being unreasonable. I feel the driver should have to take a driver awarness class(defensive driving or some other equvailent) and voluntarily give up her license for at least six months. :twisted:
That would be a deal breaker for almost anyone. Are you dealing with her insurance company? Pressing for things like this is the kind of stuff that will put you in a courtroom (and note, a civil jury lacks the authority take her license and force a driver awareness class, so you still wouldn't get it anyway).

D

·
0 Posts
not to sound mean Froggin but if i was you i would take the driver that hit you to the cleaners.I was in a very bad motorcycle accident when i was 17,my Uncle was killed and i ended up in the hospital for 3 weeks.Now later in life,20yrs later im having all kinds of problems.One being that i have to have a total knee replacement at 37y/o.My right leg is 1/2 shorter than my left and i suffer major headaches due to the open skull fx,and yes i was wearing a helmet that split in half.So think of what might be when you get older and make sure that your lawyers get a clause in the final paperwork that the driver and her insurance will pay for any future problems that may arise from the accident.my .02 cents worth
glade your ok tho,good luck and fight the good fight

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh she's definetly paying above and beyond actuall damages the lawyers have already begun those negotiation. It's a personal attorney we're dealing w/ and i'd just like to see her suffer a little more. the MC safety course is a hell of an idea.

Seeings how im still outa work, probably will be for at least a couple more months, i can at least dream about mean nasty things like riding her a$$ down :evil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts